Notices

"2nd Question on -"Cold air to my airfilter"

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2011, 11:20 AM
Leightonm1969
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "2nd Question on -"Cold air to my airfilter"

Hi, I've just found a bonnet intake to feed down to the airfilter for ok money, has anyone got one fitted and did you get a result?
Old 01 January 2011, 02:15 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

What sort of 'result' are you expecting/looking for??

Last edited by Glowplug; 01 January 2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01 January 2011, 02:30 PM
d7nmr
Scooby Regular

Maybe the car will just response better. Had one on my civic and it was helpful at high speeds, colder the air the better. Buy I'm not sure if it will help kn a scooby. Can try it and if not then just sell it again.
Old 03 January 2011, 08:56 AM
Leightonm1969
Scooby Regular

I'm after colder air to my air-filter, I don't expect massive results, just if its a cheap mod then i'd like to do it, but also to make my baby a little better!
Old 03 January 2011, 09:18 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What model/year car do you have, and any other mods?

Tony
Old 03 January 2011, 09:34 AM
Leightonm1969
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Thanks for taking a look!

1993 WRX, engine mods total engine rebuild Feb 2009, baily's dump valve, boost valve, boost running about 12 psi, dual cone airfilter and decap 3" Long life straight through exhaust. Another reason to get cold air to the filter is that over the years the heat shields have been removed (rotten) so I just would like to feed air as cold as possible to the filter.
Old 03 January 2011, 09:55 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say revert back to the standard air box, it will put more cold air into your engine than a cone filter will, either that or you would have to go for a cold air induction kit in your inner wing, really its overkill as your mods dont need it and probably wont take any advantage of it.
A good panel filter in the standard airbox is all you need at your level, your car is probably pushing 250bhp max, I would now look at getting an ecu chip (Polar Performance mappable chip for the mother board) to take advantage of your mods, binning the boost valve and sitting with that for now, oh and doing something with the brakes, horrid 2 pots

Tony
Old 03 January 2011, 01:13 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leightonm1969
1993 WRX, engine mods total engine rebuild Feb 2009, baily's dump valve, boost valve, boost running about 12 psi, dual cone airfilter and decap 3" Long life straight through exhaust. Another reason to get cold air to the filter is that over the years the heat shields have been removed (rotten) so I just would like to feed air as cold as possible to the filter.
To 'make your baby feel better' remove the Bailey and refit a standard. Heat wrap the exhaust where the heat shields have rotted away. A much better use of your hard earnt.

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
I would say revert back to the standard air box, it will put more cold air into your engine than a cone filter will, either that or you would have to go for a cold air induction kit in your inner wing, really its overkill as your mods dont need it and probably wont take any advantage of it.
A good panel filter in the standard airbox is all you need at your level, your car is probably pushing 250bhp max,
Agreed.

I would now look at getting an ecu chip (Polar Performance mappable chip for the mother board) to take advantage of your mods, binning the boost valve and sitting with that for now,
Again, agreed.

oh and doing something with the brakes, horrid 2 pots
And thats 3 out of 3.

Might be worth keeping an eye on this thread. If the results are favorable then it will be a cheap mod.
Old 04 January 2011, 09:14 AM
Leightonm1969
Scooby Regular

A good panel filter in the standard airbox is all you need at your level, your car is probably pushing 250bhp max, I would now look at getting an ecu chip (Polar Performance mappable chip for the mother board) to take advantage of your mods, binning the boost valve and sitting with that for now, oh and doing something with the brakes, horrid 2 pots

Tony
Hi thanks for the info, I've Done the brakes as sson as I had the car :- Brembo four pots (Grand Tourismo Kit) 320mm Red Dot Rotors, Braided hose all round and dot5 fluid! the boost valve had to be fitted because after the decat pipe I was having over-boost and cutting out will go back to the old airbox to see, Thanks again!