95 wrx wagon stuck in limp mode

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2010, 05:21 PM
geeforce
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 wrx wagon stuck in limp mode

Hi everyone,

Really hoping someone on here can help me, I recently bought a 95 wrx wagon not realising that the CEL had been removed (which explained the fuel cut at 0.5bar) on replacement of the bulb a check was done and it brought up codes 21, 24 and 44. First, all suspect sensors were checked, cleaned and refitted. No change. I have now changed both water temperature sensors and the air control valve, with no change at all. So I thought that it could be an ECU fault, borrowed an ECU, still same faults appearing! Are there any known faults that could cause this? I am at a total loss with this car now, have had it for a month and have spent almost every night under the bonnet!! The thing that gets me is that when the car was first bought there was no fuel cut but was only boosting to 0.5bar (the car was still as fast as a mates wrx!) obviously there was a problem or the bulb would have still been in place!!

Many Thanks in advance

Gareth
Old 16 December 2010, 05:46 PM
morandpeter
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

code 44 is your wastegate control solenoid valve. Have you checked that?

i gather once you have reset the ecu after replace the other sensors you still get all the codes?

What happens when you put in to test mode, do you get loads of clicking from the bcs?
Old 16 December 2010, 05:56 PM
geeforce
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for quick response!!

Changed the wastegate control solenoid as well.
Yes everything clicks as it should in test mode, and yes the faults are all still there after a reset.
Old 16 December 2010, 09:38 PM
geeforce
Scooby Newbie

Forgot to say, the temp gauge has failed as well and I have also changed the sender. I have some 97 legacy clocks at the back of the garage somewhere, I think they will plug in and work??? just to check that its the gauge thats faulty. Visually the wiring loom in the engine bay looks ok but seems tight to the air control valve and the temp sensors.
Also it has a blitz boost controller (currently disconnected for fault finding) and none of the original vac pipes from the turbo, could the lack of restrictor pill cause the fault code 44?