Notices

why re-circ and not after market?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2010, 06:25 PM
The wee man power
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why re-circ and not after market?

hi people.
can u lot tell me why so many people on here say the standard re-circ valve is better than an after market damp valve i.e blitz. do they make things break or is it just because they are a bit chavy. although i do like the sound of a dump valve. i must be chavy lol
Old 23 November 2010, 06:28 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Think they can **** up the air flow readings to the ECU.
Old 23 November 2010, 06:32 PM
dan2926
Scooby Regular

The ecu tells the engine how much air to take and then you are blowing it out , a dump valve can also create a vacuum on the turbo which does your turbo no favours.
I also like the sound but prefer to have standard to be safe (Had a lot of imprezas with dump valves and never had any problems though).
Old 23 November 2010, 06:36 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan2926
The ecu tells the engine how much air to take and then you are blowing it out , a dump valve can also create a vacuum on the turbo which does your turbo no favours.
I also like the sound but prefer to have standard to be safe (Had a lot of imprezas with dump valves and never had any problems though).
Much better put than mine
Old 23 November 2010, 06:45 PM
firebug
Scooby Regular

its the old timers that dont know what a chav is that call it a chav valve. chavs arnt even old enough to insure an impreza or similar powered car.
ive had a forge one on mine for over 7 years with no probs. ive put the standard recirc on twice and thought it was running better with the dumpvalve on. i prefer the noise of the i.kit and valve than of nothing at all.
Old 23 November 2010, 07:29 PM
Martin 2010
Scooby Regular

ive got a hks ssqv on mine and no problems, although i adjusted a bolt on the bottom of it and it seems to of stopped working lol.
Old 23 November 2010, 07:39 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by firebug
chavs arnt even old enough to insure an impreza or similar powered car.
Yes they are, unfortunately, and have been able to for some time.
Old 23 November 2010, 07:42 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The wee man power
hi people.
can u lot tell me why so many people on here say the standard re-circ valve is better than an after market damp valve i.e blitz. do they make things break or is it just because they are a bit chavy. although i do like the sound of a dump valve. i must be chavy lol
The Search button will answer this question for you very effectively, did you give it a try?
Old 23 November 2010, 07:47 PM
Grant Hay
Scooby Regular

keep standard re circ and your car will run a lot better and smoother after gearchange and idle etc etc.

however ive got a blitz supersound on ebay just now should you feel the need to get one you might as well make it a descent one lol
Old 23 November 2010, 07:50 PM
The wee man power
Scooby Regular

splitpin, yes had a quick look but not had a proper strait forward answer ie good or not good. mixed reports. is it just personal preference.....

Last edited by The wee man power; 23 November 2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 23 November 2010, 07:58 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The wee man power
is it just personal preference.....
Well, from a certain point of view, everything you do to your car is personal preference isn't it? Ultimately you can do what you want with it.

However, from a technical point of view, no, it isn't preference at all. There are a number of good reasons why the standard fit recirculating dumpvalves (or bypass valves as Subaru calls them) enable the engine and engine management system to run more optimally than if you stick an aftermarket replacement on (especially if said replacement is externally venting).

There are two or three good threads discussing in detail the reasons why on that search link I gave you just now. Have a read - you'll learn a lot.
Old 23 November 2010, 08:01 PM
Grant Hay
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Well, from a certain point of view, everything you do to your car is personal preference isn't it? Ultimately you can do what you want with it.

However, from a technical point of view, no, it isn't preference at all. There are a number of good reasons why the standard fit recirculating dumpvalves (or bypass valves as Subaru calls them) enable the engine and engine management system to run more optimally than if you stick an aftermarket replacement on (especially if said replacement is externally venting).

There are two or three good threads discussing in detail the reasons why on that search link I gave you just now. Have a read - you'll learn a lot.

+1
Old 24 November 2010, 07:57 AM
petedotuk
Scooby Regular

If you are running with a MAF setup then you are taking away air that the ECU has calculated for. If on a MAP setup then it doesn't make a difference.
Old 24 November 2010, 09:20 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a load of twaddle spouted about them.

The fact that they often fail and leak whilst on the throttle causing in worst case borewash, and open on idle causing stalling and hunting.

Simom
Old 24 November 2010, 04:57 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
There is a load of twaddle spouted about them.

The fact that they often fail and leak whilst on the throttle causing in worst case borewash, and open on idle causing stalling and hunting.

Simom

is this refering to the bov or the recuirt cheers simon just that i run a forged recirut value woudl my car run better with a bov and yes i have a simtec so no maf
Old 24 November 2010, 05:10 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

from my very limited knowlege i like them and the sound also but currently run recirc, but as above yes all the old timers on here i dont think know what a chav is so chav valve suits them lol, are they not numptys that wear burberry hats and glue sniff!! hardly impreza drivers as split pin says!! maybe one or two but thats it!!.
as simon above says as well they do dometimes fail as can everything else on your car!! i have yet to hear of one causing serious problems there are thousands out there been running them for years and years with no issue
Old 24 November 2010, 05:53 PM
RE54
Scooby Regular

I have a blitz one on mine, it's coming off purely because I drive the car hard and the constant wooshing noise is anoying now!!!
Old 24 November 2010, 05:57 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wrx fifer
i have yet to hear of one causing serious problems there are thousands out there been running them for years and years with no issue
Not heard of borewash, then?
Old 24 November 2010, 06:03 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

forge dv (atmospheric) running fine no issues what so ever,. only it blows grannies off the street, ah well,.,
Old 24 November 2010, 06:14 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

so its the bov that can cause bore wash then
Old 24 November 2010, 06:16 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by happydude303
so its the bov that can cause bore wash then
the atmospheric valve can cause bore wash,. ie the one where you use a blanking plug when installing
Old 24 November 2010, 06:19 PM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

so what is best with a front mount, get an adaptor and fit the re-circ, is and aftermarket

re-circ different to the standard one?
Old 24 November 2010, 06:34 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Not heard of borewash, then?
yes i have heard of borewash alcazar but also know literally hundreds of people running them with no issue and have never had done!!!!!!!!

im not saying that you wont have a problem with one!! what im saying is the percentage of people running them compared to the percentage of people that have had problems with them is neither here or there.

do you have a percentage rate of how many owners have had bad problems with say mafs? to be one of a 100 things on your car??

i.e minimal or you should be telling everyone to run mafless cause they can go!
Old 24 November 2010, 07:25 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wrx fifer
yes i have heard of borewash alcazar but also know literally hundreds of people running them with no issue and have never had done!!!!!!!!

im not saying that you wont have a problem with one!! what im saying is the percentage of people running them compared to the percentage of people that have had problems with them is neither here or there.

do you have a percentage rate of how many owners have had bad problems with say mafs? to be one of a 100 things on your car??

i.e minimal or you should be telling everyone to run mafless cause they can go!
As I pointed out recently to another member on here, simply because your car SEEMS OK and you have done no checks to see if it IS OK, doesn't make it right to come on here and tell others that it categorically is fine, so go ahead.

Some years ago I got myself into a situation where I had no recourse but to put 95 octane fuel in the car. I had no octane booster. I got away with it.

Should I now post on here that it's fine and does no damage? I think not.

In the end, both the OP and yourself will do what you want, because it's your car, and in your case, because you know better than many experienced folk on here. Folk who HAVE done the research;(

OK, it IS your car. Do what you like. But don't whine on here when it goes pear shaped and PLEASE don't advise others just because it SEEMS OK on your car.
Old 24 November 2010, 07:47 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by addi monster
the atmospheric valve can cause bore wash,. ie the one where you use a blanking plug when installing
only if it is faulty and openning on cruise (which more owners don't notice).
Old 24 November 2010, 08:27 PM
The wee man power
Scooby Regular

thanks alot for all this feed back, i cant believe it, but from what ive read im not going to break my motor by getting one. ive done a faw mods ie fuel pump, boost controller, turbo back exhaust, pipa cross induction and front mount. next is a simtec. oh ye the car is off the road before any one says i need to get it mapped. its all being done before its back on the road/track.
Old 24 November 2010, 08:40 PM
Scooby Arthur
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sabas
so what is best with a front mount, get an adaptor and fit the re-circ, is and aftermarket

re-circ different to the standard one?
If your fitting a front mount you will need a remap anyway so shouldnt have any problems.
Old 24 November 2010, 08:44 PM
happydude303
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
only if it is faulty and openning on cruise (which more owners don't notice).

so what would be the signs of this open at the wrong time then simon
Old 24 November 2010, 10:14 PM
wrx fifer
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
As I pointed out recently to another member on here, simply because your car SEEMS OK and you have done no checks to see if it IS OK, doesn't make it right to come on here and tell others that it categorically is fine, so go ahead.

Some years ago I got myself into a situation where I had no recourse but to put 95 octane fuel in the car. I had no octane booster. I got away with it.

Should I now post on here that it's fine and does no damage? I think not.

In the end, both the OP and yourself will do what you want, because it's your car, and in your case, because you know better than many experienced folk on here. Folk who HAVE done the research;(

OK, it IS your car. Do what you like. But don't whine on here when it goes pear shaped and PLEASE don't advise others just because it SEEMS OK on your car.
i dont run an after market dump valve i run a standard recirc valve did you not pick that part up?
and also i stated IM NOT SAYING IT IS GOOD OR BAD it was merely an observation from other people i know.

look this debate has being going on for years nearly on page 1 evary other night, YOU CAN GIVE AN OPINION AND SO CAN OTHERS THATS IT.

what i take offence at and a huge amount of other people on here as well is the way in which yourself and a handful of other well known names talk to people
Old 24 November 2010, 10:55 PM
Sabas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Arthur
If your fitting a front mount you will need a remap anyway so shouldnt have any problems.
But if you have a fmic and a maf, won't the risk still be there?