Notices

JDM STI help needed

Search this Thread

Old 21 November 2010, 09:09 AM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JDM STI help needed

Fellas, does the steering roll connector need to be recalibrated or adjusted everytime the steering wheel comes off?

I've read through a few workshop manuals, and it states that readjusting roll connector is part of the steps to a proper reinstallation of a steering wheel.

But, the manual refers to USDM or export models i believe, i need help from JDM STI owners whos removed and reinstalled your steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.
Old 21 November 2010, 11:22 AM
juggers
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Suberman
Fellas, does the steering roll connector need to be recalibrated or adjusted everytime the steering wheel comes off?

I've read through a few workshop manuals, and it states that readjusting roll connector is part of the steps to a proper reinstallation of a steering wheel.

But, the manual refers to USDM or export models i believe, i need help from JDM STI owners whos removed and reinstalled your steering wheel.

Thanks in advance.
I just had the steering wheel removed from my S204 and sent it of to be wrapped and have a red strip on the top of the wheel like the Porsche gt3 and carbon inlays. I put another standard one back on it ,but the bloody rear diff light keeps flashing and it's somthing to do with the clok spring. Just waiting for my New wheel to come back then I will be attmpting to put it back together.
I take it you have the same issue with the DCCD light flashing?

Last edited by juggers; 21 November 2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 21 November 2010, 11:51 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

juggers where did you send your steering wheel to be wrapped?
Old 21 November 2010, 12:20 PM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by juggers
I just had the steering wheel removed from my S204 and sent it of to be wrapped and have a red strip on the top of the wheel like the Porsche gt3 and carbon inlays. I put another standard one back on it ,but the bloody rear diff light keeps flashing and it's somthing to do with the clok spring. Just waiting for my New wheel to come back then I will be attmpting to put it back together.
You've probably messed up the sensor (i'm not sure which sensor exactly) A similar thing like that happened on my hatch STI, so i don't want to mess up my Spec C. I had to replace the entire steering angle sensor for the hatch STI from the dealership.

Immy, did you move the roll connector by accident when you removed the wheel? The workshop manual states that adjusting the roll connector is necessary when the wheel comes off. Yet, there are people in IWSTI that have gotten away with it by skipping this step when they installed the Prova wheel. http://www.iwsti.com/forums/how-inst...8-wrx-sti.html Read post #11.
Old 21 November 2010, 12:30 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by juggers
Thats because you have probably broken the sensor on the steering column, you will need to take the car to the garage and get it fixed, I dont think these are the cheapest of sensors either...

Tony
Old 21 November 2010, 03:27 PM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TonyBurns
Thats because you have probably broken the sensor on the steering column, you will need to take the car to the garage and get it fixed, I dont think these are the cheapest of sensors either...

Tony
These are not Tony. Gus spent £500 on a new one when he had the same problem removing the stock wheel.

These things seem to be crazily sensitive. You don't physically have to damage it or anything. Seems like they go crazy once the steering wheel is removed. Sounds silly, but seems so.

I'm still wondering how did the guys in iwsti did it without problems when they installed the prova steering wheel.
Old 21 November 2010, 03:55 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You probably have to remove the sensor before removing the wheel, it will be some silly thing like that

Tony

Trending Topics

Old 22 November 2010, 06:19 AM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Immy, have you gotten it sorted yet? Let me know how it went. Thanks.