Notices

All the issues with my car i want to iron out! time for a booking with scoobyclinic

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2010, 10:46 PM
fordrsrickc
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All the issues with my car i want to iron out! time for a booking with scoobyclinic

I am the proud owner of my Subaru STI V-Limited JDM Twin Scroll 2003.
Since owning the car i have gradually modified it and had it remapped to be running approx 350bhp the spending began by the way of decating the whole system via a Roger Clark Motorsport 3" downpipe, silenced centre and team ice backbox (very loud). K&N Typhoon induction kit. Japspeed FMIC and rerouted the water spray to the front bumper. Silicone intake pipe to the turbo. cold air feed to air filter from front fog cover.
Subsequent to the remap i have started to encounter issues through always listening for noises in the paranoid Subaru ownership world.
i can hear a very faint squeeking noise which i have researched which may be a air con belt pulley which is common also my rear shocks have started squeeking at the back over speed bumps another common fault, also since fitting the silicon intake i get turbo stall a fluttering noise at higher revs through the higher gears on motorways, i believe fitting a reducer before the intake may solve this due to my uprated intake, also i have loss of power sluggish like lag when i try to launch or set off quick and doesnt come to life until the turbo spools up around 4k, i have however just fitted new plugs straight from the box not remembering to check the gaps, and the typhoon induction kit dumps like a bov on throttle lift off, which i am assuming the the air being thrown back into the induction tract may have damaged my maf.
i am trying to diagnose all my faults and thinking allsorts i.e. boost solenoid? air leak? wastegate stuck open? timing? plug gaps? compression? although ok on fuel! also i am having gearbox issues when cold difficulty engaging gears poss clutch or syncro as i have just changed all the gear oil with a dccd millers oil doing the rear diff also.
oh and fitted an uprated walbro fuel pump.
also i had a APS recirc and VTA BOV on but took back off because the sound bugged me but i fitted it hoping it would remove the turbo flutter to no avail!
I am considering just giving it to the experts to sort SCOOBYCLINIC and the other side of me says enough is enough and sell or break it dependant on costings to just get right where i am happy with it.
Still owe approx 10k on the finance and bought it for 14k from a dealer last year and problems only started since modding it.
and do i break it or sell as a whole to clear my finance lost isnt the word!
pics added for opinions on what i do sell and buy again or persevere?

BOV i Removed

flocked interior with sweep on start up red dials