Notices

Couple of things I've heard of

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2010, 05:49 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of things I've heard of

Just wondered what dv delete is? And also what is an earthing kit?

Ta
Old 07 November 2010, 05:51 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigfarlz
Just wondered what dv delete is? And also what is an earthing kit?

Ta
With the best will in the world, questions like this are what the Search button is made for. Try it, see where you get, and if you don't find satisfactory answers, then come back and ask.
Old 07 November 2010, 06:17 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
With the best will in the world, questions like this are what the Search button is made for. Try it, see where you get, and if you don't find satisfactory answers, then come back and ask.
I have had a look dude, I just want to know with the dv delete which I gather is no recirc or vta valve, do you have to blank of the larger pipe and vaccum hose that I have on my ssqv at the moment? The reason I ask is I think the ssqv is causing problems and I've bought an oem recirc from sn but I think it is the wrong one for my car as I only have one larger pipe and vacuum hose and the one I've bought has two large ports and a vacuum port. Will doing this dv delete be ok with my00 with td04?

I'll admit I have done much looking into this earthing kit!!

This is the recirc I bought!

Last edited by bigfarlz; 07 November 2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07 November 2010, 06:29 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

I have had a look dude,
Not very much of one, by the look of things. If you're not prepared to show willing and do an element of your own research, why should anyone else go out of their way to spoon-feed you?

I just want to know with the dv delete which I gather is no recirc or vta valve,
Correct. A DV delete is exactly what it sounds like. Delete the dumpvalve - and as a result block all the holes you're left with.

I've bought an oem recirc from sn but I think it is the wrong one for my car
Correct. It is the wrong one for your car. The MY99-00 one is made of aluminium and has a flange fitting that bolts direct to the intercooler. You've got a 98MY or earlier one, which is no use to you.

Will doing this dv delete be ok with my00 with td04?
The short answer is no. The long answer is that this is the point at which you get told to bog off and use the search again. I've lost count of the number of times I've answered that particular question (including in the last three days), and then there's everyone else. If you want the full SP (no pun intended), you know where to find it.
Old 07 November 2010, 07:04 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not very much of one, by the look of things. If you're not prepared to show willing and do an element of your own research, why should anyone else go out of their way to spoon-feed you?

Correct. A DV delete is exactly what it sounds like. Delete the dumpvalve - and as a result block all the holes you're left with.

Correct. It is the wrong one for your car. The MY99-00 one is made of aluminium and has a flange fitting that bolts direct to the intercooler. You've got a 98MY or earlier one, which is no use to you.

The short answer is no. The long answer is that this is the point at which you get told to bog off and use the search again. I've lost count of the number of times I've answered that particular question (including in the last three days), and then there's everyone else. If you want the full SP (no pun intended), you know where to find it.
I know you know your stuff mate but tbh if you're just going to give me attitude, I'd rather you didn't reply to my threads
Old 07 November 2010, 07:34 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Awww, diddums. I clearly haven't "just given you attitude", I've suggested a way that will help you get the most out of the significant body of information here, as well as offered you copious free assistance in both this and previous threads. If you didn't like the way I told you to use the search facility in #4, it's because you clearly didn't pay enough attention to the more polite suggestion in #2.

All I've asked you to do is follow the posting guidelines in use in this forum (edit: See the wording in bold here]. If you're not willing to do that, and take umbrage when someone suggests you should, you clearly know where the door is.

Last edited by Splitpin; 07 November 2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07 November 2010, 07:41 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Wink

Awww, diddums. I clearly haven't "just given you attitude", I've suggested a way that will help you get the most out of the significant body of information here, as well as offered you copious free assistance in both this and previous threads.

All I've asked you to do is follow the posting guidelines in use in this forum. If you're not willing to do that, and take umbrage when someone suggests you should, you clearly know where the door is.
Ok as previously stated I had followed the 'rules' and if you havent got anything better to do than make sure people are following rules then I suggest YOU use the 'door' and apply for a job as a parking attendant.

I can also divide paragraphs.

I'm not dismissing your help and info as it has been more than helpful on more than one occasion but sometimes I think your communication can come across as arrogant. I don't know perhaps you don't know you're doing it!

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2010, 07:49 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what I'm doing, in more ways than one, and had this conversation more than once before.

Like I said, the search function is one of the most powerful features this forum has to offer. Telling you to utilise it isn't an insult, or the action of a parking attendant, it's constructive advice designed to lead you to the answers you're asking about in the most effective manner.

You can either take the hint, or not. The only one likely to lose out as a result of you not doing so is yourself.
Old 07 November 2010, 07:51 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what I'm doing, in more ways than one, and had this conversation more than once before.

Like I said, the search function is one of the most powerful features this forum has to offer. Telling you to utilise it isn't an insult, or the action of a parking attendant, it's constructive advice designed to lead you to the answers you're asking about in the most effective manner.

You can either take the hint, or not. The only one likely to lose out as a result of you not doing so is yourself.
Leave it at that
Old 07 November 2010, 07:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Bigfarlz: there is an ongoing feeling that FAR too many people are asking the same question over and over and over, expecting someone else to do the work, without wanting to do ANY research. IB aren't helping, as they don't even feel it's necessary to have a banner asking folk to a) use the search and b) let us know what car EXACTLY you have, before posting a query. I've lost count of the number of times I've asked THAT question of posters THIS WEEK alone

Unfortunately, you just walked into the middle of it.

Splitpin is one of THE most knowledgeabale people on here, and as such MASSIVELY valued by those who know him, (through the site. Even I don't know who he actually IS).

Please try to do your own research and only ask when you CAN'T find any answer by the usual methods. Hint: Google often finds answers as well as, or better than the site search does. I've answered many a question by posting a link to a thread........if I can find it, why can't the questioner?

Please don't p*ss off people like Splitpin if you can help it, the site would be SO much worse without people like him.
Old 07 November 2010, 07:59 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

BTW: earthing kit: on early models, the car suffered from poor earth, so people either bought a kit to link various parts to battery -ve, or made on up. Whether it did any good, however..............
Old 07 November 2010, 08:00 PM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Splitpin;9699927]Awww, diddums. I clearly haven't "just given you attitude", I've suggested a way that will help you get the most out of the significant body of information here, as well as offered you copious free assistance in both this and previous threads. If you didn't like the way I told you to use the search facility in #4, it's because you clearly didn't pay enough attention to the more polite suggestion in #2.

All I've asked you to do is follow the posting guidelines in use in this forum (edit: See the wording in bold here]. If you're not willing to do that, and take umbrage when someone suggests you should, you clearly know where the door is.[/QUOTE

some of us are new to the subaru seen and new to this forum, we ask for genuine advice and get attitude for a reply, the time its taken for you to reply to this thread you could have just answered the question!!! i love this forum but when speaking to other subaru owners they tend not to agree saying its full of ********* who sit behind there computer all day sticking there nose into every pie they can, i guess your one off them?? do us a favour mate if you dont want to answer the question dont reply simples!!!!!!
Old 07 November 2010, 08:01 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Bigfarlz: there is an ongoing feeling that FAR too many people are asking the same question over and over and over, expecting someone else to do the work, without wanting to do ANY research. IB aren't helping, as they don't even feel it's necessary to have a banner asking folk to a) use the search and b) let us know what car EXACTLY you have, before posting a query. I've lost count of the number of times I've asked THAT question of posters THIS WEEK alone

Unfortunately, you just walked into the middle of it.

Splitpin is one of THE most knowledgeabale people on here, and as such MASSIVELY valued by those who know him, (through the site. Even I don't know who he actually IS).

Please try to do your own research and only ask when you CAN'T find any answer by the usual methods. Hint: Google often finds answers as well as, or better than the site search does. I've answered many a question by posting a link to a thread........if I can find it, why can't the questioner?

Please don't p*ss off people like Splitpin if you can help it, the site would be SO much worse without people like him.
Fair doos mate, don't wanna p**s anyone off, it's just I think he can be arrogant at times and there's no need Imho! The way you worded it hasn't wound me up at all! Lol
Old 07 November 2010, 08:07 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by blackcountryboy
some of us are new to the subaru seen and new to this forum, we ask for genuine advice and get attitude for a reply
Actually old bean, Bigfarlz asked a question and was advised to use the search feature. He didn't take the hint so was advised rather more strongly to use the search feature.

the time its taken for you to reply to this thread you could have just answered the question!!!
I already have answered his questions, that's the point. On numerous occasions in the past (and no doubt more times than someone with 80-odd posts).

Put yourself on the opposite side of the line and ask yourself whether you fancy typing out the same old stuff again and again just because someone asking for help is too lazy to utilise the search function.

i love this forum but when speaking to other subaru owners they tend not to agree saying its full of ********* who sit behind there computer all day sticking there nose into every pie they can, i guess your one off them?? do us a favour mate if you dont want to answer the question dont reply simples!!!!!!
Nice to see a newbie so quick to generalise. As has already been said, I'm one of the most knowledgeable and easy-going folk you are likely to find round here. All I expect is that people requesting help do as much as they can to help themselves, which in this case the OP was unwilling to do.

Now, seems you're a member of that internet archetype that likes to descend onto threads criticising the posting style of other people while contributing s*d all constructive to it themselves. Or would it be unfair for me to generalise on the basis of exposure to one of your posts?
Old 07 November 2010, 08:47 PM
Lagamorphandy
Scooby Regular

Ive got to say your attitude does suck splitpin and you are arrogant regardless of how helpful and irreplaceable you think you are. If you think he hasn't earned his right to ask a question on a forum through lack of research just don't reply or try replacing some your extensive knowledge with people skills and how to communicate with people with something resembling respect. Oh and don't give me new member nonsense as i joined originally in early 2004 but lost login details as i stopped using the forum because of ugly people like you!!
Old 07 November 2010, 08:50 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm, bloke from Stourbridge gets knickers in twist. Two newbs from the same neck of the woods parachute onto his thread and moan. Coincidence or not? Hmmmm...
Old 07 November 2010, 08:53 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

You do know that the search facility ignores anything two letters or less and won't search for it at all, right?

Like, say, "DV"...
Old 07 November 2010, 08:54 PM
Lagamorphandy
Scooby Regular

No coincidence. I saw the thread from a name i recognised and came to help but noticed you had already HELPED in somewhat a sh*ty manner hence my rant!
Old 07 November 2010, 08:56 PM
Lagamorphandy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
You do know that the search facility ignores anything two letters or less and won't search for it at all, right?

Like, say, "DV"...
haha good point but i dont suppose you would ever apologise to him though splitpin?
Old 07 November 2010, 09:01 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Listen, yes I do know blackcountryboy, but I don't know the other guy. Another guy with a similar opinion, hmmm coincidence.....? Think it's time to put this thread to bed!
Old 07 November 2010, 09:03 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lagamorphandy
haha good point but i dont suppose you would ever apologise to him though splitpin?
No need to apologise at all, no. "DV" doesn't work but "delete", on its own, certainly does. I know this as I checked what the search query returned before I advised Bigfarlz to use it.

"Dumpvalve" works too, come to that. Or "Dump valve". Or "valve". It doesn't take too much thought to construct a useful search query. Haha.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:08 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772

Like, say, "DV"...
Haha invalid point btw. Goes to show that even if people do read the sticky of how to use the search that they do not nessisarily understand it, either through lack of education or ignorance etc.

If you type in DV with the " " marks either side as instructed, you will find upto 4 pages of results. (100 results in this case)

Including this one, although not 100% relivent to the OP's question, it does prove the point being made by Splitpin.

Last edited by Glowplug; 07 November 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:09 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Lads this is starting to get funny!
Old 07 November 2010, 09:27 PM
Lagamorphandy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
Haha invalid point btw. Goes to show that even if people do read the sticky of how to use the search that they do not nessisarily understand it, either through lack of education or ignorance etc.

If you type in DV with the " " marks either side as instructed, you will find upto 4 pages of results. (100 results in this case)
My lack of knowledge on certain aspects of the forum is no excuse for yours and splitpins arrogance and just being plain rude!!!!

Oh and splitpin your use of the term "newb" just makes you sound like a 14 year old boy who spends all his spare time playing xbox and abusing faceless people to make himself feel more superior when in reality you probably have no life!

I hope you sort the problem bigfarlz without too much hassle.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:34 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Listen, yes I do know blackcountryboy, but I don't know the other guy. Another guy with a similar opinion, hmmm coincidence.....? Think it's time to put this thread to bed!
Rofl. I wasn't actually accusing you of knowing the other two. It was an allusion to the laziness of the average brummie and/or the lemming mentality thereof. Still, I guess it works either way.

My lack of knowledge on certain aspects of the forum is no excuse for yours and splitpins arrogance and just being plain rude!!!!

Oh and splitpin your use of the term "newb" just makes you sound like a 14 year old boy who spends all his spare time playing xbox and abusing faceless people to make himself feel more superior when in reality you probably have no life!
Ahem. In the first paragraph you accuse others of being rude, while in the second...

Does the term "pot calling the kettle black" mean anything to you?
Old 07 November 2010, 09:42 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Lack of knowledge is never an excuse, as all the information needed is available and needs only to be researched.

Now, would you please like to explain to me, just how my post came accross as arrogant and/or rude. Is it simply because i turned your 'good point' into a pointless post and you feel a little inadequate now, or is there some other under-laying reason that i am missing?
Old 07 November 2010, 09:45 PM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

dear splitpin, no one is doubting your knowledge old fruit, its the way u put it across not just in this thread but in others as well, no body asked you personally to reply so if your sick of answering the same questions move on let somebody else have a chance or a say!!! no need for anybody to fall out, but its attitude that can spoil forums all he was asking for was a bit of help, he had tried the search but not got the answer he wanted, after all isnt that what forums are for making friends and advice when needed???
Old 07 November 2010, 09:46 PM
Lagamorphandy
Scooby Regular

Rofl. I wasn't actually accusing you of knowing the other two. It was an allusion to the laziness of the average brummie and/or the lemming mentality thereof. Still, I guess it works either way.

Ahem. In the first paragraph you accuse others of being rude, while in the second...

Does the term "pot calling the kettle black" mean anything to you?
I give as good as I get and you have certainly not earned any respect from me!

Oh and for the record I am no brummie, yet another example of your ignorance!

Thank you and goodnight.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:50 PM
Lagamorphandy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat

Lack of knowledge is never an excuse, as all the information needed is available and needs only to be researched.

Now, would you please like to explain to me, just how my post came accross as arrogant and/or rude. Is it simply because i turned your 'good point' into a pointless post and you feel a little inadequate now, or is there some other under-laying reason that i am missing?
You implied I was ill educated and ignorant so i returned the compliment by pointing out your very obvious flaws.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:51 PM
blackcountryboy
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Splitpin;9700302]Rofl. I wasn't actually accusing you of knowing the other two. It was an allusion to the laziness of the average brummie and/or the lemming mentality thereof. Still, I guess it works either way.

one thing that really pi**es me off is being called a brummie, now whos been lazy the clue is in the name BLACKCOUNTRY nothing to do with birmingham, ********!!!!

Quick Reply: Couple of things I've heard of