Notices

2.5 bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 05 November 2010, 08:33 PM
primeragtir
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.5 bottom end

hi i have a 1998 wrx import how hard is it to fit a 2.5 bottom end what would i need to do and change would my heads fit and manifold any help would be gratefull
Old 06 November 2010, 08:28 AM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by primeragtir
hi i have a 1998 wrx import how hard is it to fit a 2.5 bottom end what would i need to do and change would my heads fit and manifold any help would be gratefull
All your original parts will fit the block. You'll need to work out the compression ratio. You'll need aftermarket management to be able to set it up properly. Take a good long look at the 2.1 stroker option, built into your original block, which can be a better choice for a whole lot of good reasons.
Old 06 November 2010, 10:45 AM
primeragtir
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alan Jeffery
All your original parts will fit the block. You'll need to work out the compression ratio. You'll need aftermarket management to be able to set it up properly. Take a good long look at the 2.1 stroker option, built into your original block, which can be a better choice for a whole lot of good reasons.
thanks for the help mate would a ecu from the car that the block is coming from work for now just to get it running till i can save up some more funds to get a uprated ecu and get it mapped
Old 08 November 2010, 03:46 PM
Alan Jeffery
Scooby Regular

Location: Enginetuner.co.uk Plymouth Dyno Dynamics RR Engine machining and building EcuTek SimTek mapping

Originally Posted by primeragtir
thanks for the help mate would a ecu from the car that the block is coming from work for now just to get it running till i can save up some more funds to get a uprated ecu and get it mapped
Yes, your current set up will be plenty good enough for running it in.