Notices

Problems Fitting Perrin 25mm ARB.. have i fitted it correctly?

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2010, 10:32 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems Fitting Perrin 25mm ARB.. have i fitted it correctly?

Hi Guys,

ok set about fitting this perrin 25mm anti roll bar i had as everyone mentions how much of a different rear ARBs at 22/24mm make.

anyway after i got the old anti roll bar off i put the new one on.. and found both sides wouldnt go on the inside.. as the standard one was..

i got one on the inside and one on the outside.. which cant be right..

pics..

so after looking at it, i found it was my error with positioning stout mounts..

anyway got them both on the inside and found it a really tight fit!

here some pics of them in position..

now i tightened everything up after doing this.. and looked at the ARB.. and noticed how close it wa son the passenger side .. the droplink and arb were practically touching.. and on the drivers side.. over ahard bump i'm sure that would rub a bit too..

so my question is.. have i fitted this ARB correctly? here are some other pics.. showing how close it is..

is that perfectly normal?

lastly, if that is normal and it's fitted fine.. well.. i have taken it for a blast and tbh dont really notice much difference other than a bit sharper steering and better turning around a roundabout..

maybe i'm not trying hard enough as its wet out there.. but people say 22mm bars transform the car.. 24mm if your a smooth driver.. i was thinking 25mm might be a bit tail happy and dangerous and tbh its perfectly fine with my front standard ARB.

after todays drive.. i'm actually glad i didnt go 22mm as i dont think i'd have noticed a difference if i can only see a little difference now..

or maybe it's just too early to tell..

anyways back to the important point.. have i fitted it right or ballsd it up?

Cheers

Eddy
Old 03 November 2010, 10:34 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

p.s. also i take it i have it on the soft setting? didnt know which was soft or hard..

and secondly is it suppose to be such a tight fit?
Old 03 November 2010, 10:49 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Was it second hand ? what was the Perrin part number ?
Old 03 November 2010, 11:08 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

it was second hand yes off another member and i dont know the perrin part number i'm afraid. but they only do one 25mm bar with stout mounts.. the whiteline droplinks were my own.
Old 03 November 2010, 11:14 PM
Scooby Senior

No they do kits.

One contains...

PSP-SUS-204 (the one you need)

and...

PSP-SUS-208 (which I suspect you have). This is for later STi's with the wider track and without C shape droplinks
Old 03 November 2010, 11:20 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

where would it have the part number? i was told by the seller on here it would fit any impreza with the c shape droplinks.. i hope its not the wrong one im pretty sure it dint have any part number on the bar unless it rubbed off..

Last edited by eggy790; 03 November 2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03 November 2010, 11:24 PM
Scooby Senior

There's no part number on the bar you'd have to ask the seller what car it came off mate But yours isn't right looking at your photos There's margin of error then there's wrong fitment
Old 03 November 2010, 11:27 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

his was a bugeye wrx i believe.

lol ok so i guess the bar will have to come off at some point..kinda crap as i think he bought it used aswell..
Old 03 November 2010, 11:29 PM
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by eggy790
where would it have the part number? i was told by the seller on here it would fit any impreza with the c shape droplinks.. i hope its not the wrong one im pretty sure it dint have any part number on the bar unless it rubbed off..
Originally Posted by Dave Y
it hasnt been fitted to my car.I bought a brand new rear and wanted a front,i was able to buy a pair hence i have a spare rear.According to some of the posts on here it is a worthwhile mod.
How would he know for sure ! assumption if the mother of all fookups. You need to know who he bought it off.
Old 03 November 2010, 11:31 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

i will drop dave a pm, i cant remmeber who he said, but it was in a pm that he mentioned that..hence me chekcing if i had c shaped droplinks before buying.

Last edited by eggy790; 03 November 2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old 03 November 2010, 11:42 PM
Scooby Senior

https://www.scoobynet.com/private-fo...ous-parts.html

Is it this one, listed as a 22mm ? also Arch had a load of SpecD bits which if from the same car/source could mean it's the later bar
Old 03 November 2010, 11:46 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

i have no idea who dave y bought it off, but it does look to be the case that it was off arch which means it is the later bar.. will it have negative effects being on mine for a week or 2? before i get a chance to get to a ramp and take it off..
Old 03 November 2010, 11:47 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

but then again i was told the bar was 25mm and its defo not new as you can tell from the pics..
Old 03 November 2010, 11:51 PM
Scooby Senior

Yes it will rub your DLinks to buggery, it's only a 10 minute job to wack the old one back on Just drop the lot from the mounts wack the old mounts back on with the original bar.
Old 03 November 2010, 11:56 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

lol i wish i was that quick.. the one stout mount/nut on the drivers side.. had a fuel pipe/neck in the way.. took me ages to get that one off lol, it'll have to be weekend now.

thanks for your help mate

Last edited by eggy790; 03 November 2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 04 November 2010, 12:00 AM
Scooby Senior

I did it on my back mate, all flash with ya ramps No probs

I will try and find the pics of when I did mine
Old 04 November 2010, 10:38 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

lol the stout mounts was the hardest bit,so i may just leave them on and put the standard bar on it, should take 5 mins this way, hope the perrin stout mount isnt too big for it
Old 04 November 2010, 04:10 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

anyone got a 24mm anti roll bar for me? i guess i need a new one as my brother has gone and tossed mine after leaving it at his garage last night lol
Old 05 November 2010, 08:08 PM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Let me clear a few things up here,i didnt assume anything i rang Tsl who sell them.They told me if the car has C shaped droplinks the bar would fit.The brand new one i bought off Arch has yet to be fitted i may have the same problem.I cant remember who i bought them off he said he had used them on his racecar and they would fit my blobeye.
I never said it was brand new and its 25 mm not 22mm.I bought a pair off a chap on here who raced a Subaru,i have fitted the front to my blobeye no problem.Believe it or not, probably not i cant remember the blokes name.As soon as i read the pm Eggy had sent me i said he could have his money back.Why i have to explain my actions on here is beyond me i havent tried to con anyone,i bought the pair of bars in good faith after being told they would fit my car.Eggy give me your paypal account and you can have your money back and post the bar back to me.
Old 06 November 2010, 09:16 AM
Scooby Dan
Scooby Regular

Pretty sure that I have read somewhere that Perrin bars need to be fitted with Perrin Endlinks to fit properly. I have them on my Hawkeye, great quality bit of kit.
Hope this helps.
Old 06 November 2010, 09:25 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Tsl didnt mention that when i rang them,i have Cdf alloy droplinks on mine and the front bar fitted straight on i am hoping the rear will be the same.
Old 06 November 2010, 09:37 AM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

Let me clear a few things up here,i didnt assume anything i rang Tsl who sell them.They told me if the car has C shaped droplinks the bar would fit.The brand new one i bought off Arch has yet to be fitted i may have the same problem.I cant remember who i bought them off he said he had used them on his racecar and they would fit my blobeye.
I never said it was brand new and its 25 mm not 22mm.I bought a pair off a chap on here who raced a Subaru,i have fitted the front to my blobeye no problem.Believe it or not, probably not i cant remember the blokes name.As soon as i read the pm Eggy had sent me i said he could have his money back.Why i have to explain my actions on here is beyond me i havent tried to con anyone,i bought the pair of bars in good faith after being told they would fit my car.Eggy give me your paypal account and you can have your money back and post the bar back to me.
hi mate, i will be getting the bar off today so i will pm you in the evening.

and guys i didnt mean to say anything bad about Dave or anything like that as he has been more than helpful. my apologies if it came out like that.
Old 06 November 2010, 11:12 AM
Scooby Senior

Lol yes TSL, blame it on the drop links

The quality control on the Perrin bars isn't great and the first line of defence is usually a drop link one.

Dave no-one suggested anything remotely close to you being a con artist

I am sure the bar will fit the right car, sounds like you were given a lack/duff information about Perrin also. TSL were about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard when I fitted mine. Hence why I know what I know as I set about researching properly.
Old 06 November 2010, 11:50 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I didnt assume anything,there are no part numbers on the bars even the brand new one i bought off Arch that is why i spoke to Tsl.How i can research something when i have no numbers to go by is beyond me.As i have said Eggy can have his money back.
Old 06 November 2010, 01:07 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

dave: bar is off, i will send you a pm in a second.

53wrx: lol i'm running no anti roll bar on the rear now as i couldnt get the stout mounts off on my back.. so cound'nt fit the standard bar back on.. going to be buying a new rear arb in the next few days..

do you know if a whiteline 24mm rear arb will fit the perrin stout mounts fine? i'm sure they'll fit my droplinks, just want to make sure before i buy a new one.. or are these whiteline bars designed for the standard mounts?
if thats the case i'll need to buy a new perrin one..
Old 06 November 2010, 01:12 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

also 53 since you have experience with these, would you defo recommend the 25mm arb over a whiteline 24mm one then?

and if i order a new perrin bar, you said it was .. PSP-SUS-204 i needed wasnt it? i dont want aproblem witht he droplinks so thinking 24mm whiteline one to be safe.

Last edited by eggy790; 06 November 2010 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06 November 2010, 01:19 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

also just looking at the whiteline bar on here..

http://www.scoobyparts.com/acatalog/..._NEW_AGE_.html

they seem to be so many different models between versions :s

the one i need is BSR33XZ? is that correct?

i thought the blobeye ones were the same but they have a different model number for blobeye one.
Old 06 November 2010, 04:00 PM
Arch
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold Dave a 22mm rear bar not a 25mm. The spec D bits I had were all engine parts from an engine and gearbox I bought as a job lot, I kept the box and sold all the ngine parts that came with it.. That certainly looks like it is for the later wide track STI's as the fitment is not correct. The bar i had I trial fitted on my 55 plate WRX without issues. Hope this helps.
Old 06 November 2010, 04:11 PM
Scooby Senior

I didnt assume anything,there are no part numbers on the bars even the brand new one i bought off Arch that is why i spoke to Tsl.How i can research something when i have no numbers to go by is beyond me.As i have said Eggy can have his money back.
Calm down no issue here lol

If the bars don't have numbers how could TSL confirm that they fit Research by going to the Perrin website would have told you there are different fittings for different bars for different years, much the same as Whiteline But hey ho **** happens, I hope yours fits

Eggy mate, If you go with the Whiteline, get a price from Tim at Scoobyparts or Dave Featherstone at Demon Tweeks. Both will give you a great unpublished price if you ask nicely

Get the 24mm BSR33XZ bar, the difference in part number for the bug/blob is bush related rather than bar related. This issue goes away if you go for the heavy duty mounts as you get new bushes with the right contours to fit the bigger mounts.

Are you keeping the Stouts ? if so just get the right Perrin Bar...

If you go for the Perrin, the Kit PSP-SUS-203 or the bar on it's own PSP-SUS-204.
Old 06 November 2010, 05:17 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

cheers 53, i need just the bar on its own as i have the stout mounts now which i ordered extra.

so i'll ring tsl and see what they can sort out the PSP-SUS-204 bar for

cheers

Quick Reply: Problems Fitting Perrin 25mm ARB.. have i fitted it correctly?