Notices

Hawkeye WRX Exhaust Costs... help?

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2010, 11:48 PM
Gilesdwrc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye WRX Exhaust Costs... help?

I'm just looking to upgrade my scoob..

From a 2.0GX Sport to a WRX, possibly a STI. I've found a likely looking 56 hawkeye WRX but the wife (honest, it was the wife) was taken with a 56 blob WRX with PPP, for no other reason than the burble.(ok, I liked the performance boost... and the noise)

Question... How much for the exhaust (fitted) to get some of the desired sounds/performance, will it need a tune/remap, and how big a performance boost will I get?

I'm not looking for an extra 200bhp and a dustbin out the back of the car, just a bit of go/classic 'urble-urble'

No

Yes
Old 01 November 2010, 12:08 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on what system you choose and from which supplier you choose could be anything from £150 -£300 if your just on about fitting a back box. A cat back system will cost you slightly more. Either way if you leave your main cat on,it shouldn't require a remap & still pass an mot. Cobra sports & Scoobyworld do a number of systems that should suit you & if it's just the burble you desire then you should get away with just a backbox on it's own. A prodrive or a racebox can be bought for around £100 off eBay / pistonheads, etc and will take you about 30 mins at the most to fit
Old 01 November 2010, 08:27 AM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello mate

do you prefer the look of the hawk or the blob? as that'll go a long way to making your decision. the burble can be released with a simple backbox change and no remap required.

if they're both WRX's then the blob PPP will only have had a generic ECU map, intercooler hose change and one of the cats removed (not the main one in the downpipe) plus prodrive backbox anyway.

i think the deciding factor is - will you buy the car, then just leave it? Or plan to modify it (then remap?). If not, i'd get the PPP car as the difference over a standard WRX is noticeable. If you'd modify it to the point of getting it remapped, then the PPP is going to be pointless

back to the original question backboxes usually range from £150-£200 for something nice and burbley but subtle (the loud ones are normally a bit more). Fitting is easy, or bung your local mechanic £20 cash and he'll do it on a ramp in 5 mins. You won't see any noticeable performance increase with just a backbox change, its all about the noise