Oem recirc valve

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2010, 10:32 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oem recirc valve

Hi guys,

Want to fit a standard recirc valve back onto my00 Uk classic as it came with a hks vta on. Trouble is I can't find all the pipework I should be using, I have a vacuum line, then where the hks sits onto a steel mount there is a hose attached to it so that is another but then I can't find anything else. Any ideas?
Will post pics up tomorrow,

Thanks

These are the only two i can find!

Last edited by bigfarlz; 25 October 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Added pictures
Old 25 October 2010, 04:09 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Bump
Old 25 October 2010, 04:40 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Just found this hose plugged up with a screw, is that anything to with it?

Old 25 October 2010, 08:18 PM
bigfarlz
Scooby Regular

Bttt
Old 25 October 2010, 10:38 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That hose you have found is normally where most people run there piping to when fitting a boost gauge- normally it has a little rubber sheath over it. The main vacume hose for the recirc valve is the black pipe next to it,which normally goes under your coil packs and connects on to the nipple for the recirc valve. I am assuming that you have a MY 00 intercooler where the recirc bolts direct to it, or do you have an earier version 4 which has an elbow pointing to the right and the recirc normally connects to this from a rubber pipe. Cant quite see which one in either picture
Old 25 October 2010, 10:42 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

The OEM DV, as you probably know, bolts directly to the front of the intercooler. It then has the single vac/pressure line to the inlet manifold. Then, sticking out the upper side of the valve is the recirculation port, which connects to a vaguely U-shaped soft pipe. That pipe runs back under the valve/IC to a steel tube which is bolted to the bottom of the inlet manifold. That, in turn, is connected via another short (2-2.5 inch) soft pipe to the big turbo intake tube - just in front of the turbo entry itself.

When a VTA DV is fitted, the recirculation pipe has to be blocked somehow. This can be done by removing the entire pipework up to the turbo intake, and then fitting a blanking cap, or it can be that the user cuts down the U-shaped soft pipe and bungs what's left, or some similar variation on a theme.

It's unclear from your pics what's been done to block yours off but have a good poke around and you should be able to work it out. From there, now you know how the standard system should work, you can figure out what bits you'll need to return it to standard.

btw, that blocked up pipe run you've photographed in post #3 is nothing to do with the DV. As the cars come out of the factory that port is bunged - so the fact that the hose is there probably tells you that a previous owner had a boost gauge.