Notices

Xreg Turbo 2000

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2010, 10:21 PM
woodstock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xreg Turbo 2000

Hi everyone im new to this site and have just bought an x plate Turbo 2000.
I have a problem with my car and am looking for some advice. The car drives ok with no faults but i noticed that when i opened it up in 3rd and changed to 4th the back end lifts alot and is twitchy and the same from 4th to 5th. What do you think this could be as ive drove my mates and his feels alot better than mine? Thanks Gav
Old 22 October 2010, 10:50 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

It's not some thing that i've heard of or come accross in the past, but some one may have some experience of these symtoms.

It has not been a cat d or had accident repairs has it, did you hpi the car?? Have you got aftermarket spings/shocks?? Is the rear spoiler still fitted??

I would be looking at front and rear suspension for starters. I would also be looking at the front brakes.
Old 23 October 2010, 09:52 AM
morandpeter
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed, post up the spec and take it from there. Find a car park and slowly do a circle on full lock one way then the other - notice any noise?

also might be just as simple as tyre pressure!

but as above check springs, droplinks etc.
Old 23 October 2010, 11:04 AM
woodstock
Scooby Regular

thanks for the replys ive found the problem. i jacked the back end up and the drivers side rear wheel has lots of movement in it. Its the bushes in the arm that goes from the body to the hub. Is it best to get a new arm with bushes already in or just replace the bushes. Thanks Gav
Old 23 October 2010, 11:05 AM
woodstock
Scooby Regular

forgot to mention, its been hpi checked and all was clear.
Old 23 October 2010, 04:52 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by woodstock
thanks for the replys ive found the problem. i jacked the back end up and the drivers side rear wheel has lots of movement in it. Its the bushes in the arm that goes from the body to the hub. Is it best to get a new arm with bushes already in or just replace the bushes. Thanks Gav
In addition to the strut, there are three arms connecting the hub to the body - the trailing arm, and the pair of transverse links, which ones have got the movement in it/them? If it's as bad as you're suggesting, it should never have passed an MOT in that kind of state.

As for how you rectify it, well, provided the arms themselves are straight and reasonably corrosion-free, there's nothing wrong with replacing the bushes. However, this can be a tit of a job - unless you have access to some decent workshop presses and stuff. Under those circumstances, new arms will allow the job to be done significantly more quickly.
Old 23 October 2010, 06:55 PM
woodstock
Scooby Regular

the play is in the lateral link arm, it the front link arm that has the play in it. where can i get the bushes from and what sort of money are they, cant seem to find any on the net???