Notices

no fuel pump after disconnecting battery

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2010, 09:51 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no fuel pump after disconnecting battery

hello all, as above i disconnected the battery on my 94 wrx wagon so i could open the ecu up and see what setup i have in there, upon putting it back together and trying to start the car it will turn over but the fuel pump dosen't prime etc.

From what i've read on here the import wrx's didn't have immobilisers fitted as standard and as i have no fob for mine i'm assuming mine hasn't either.

Does the feed for the fuel pump run through the ecu and as i've opened it up i've disturbed something or is it down to disconnecting the battery and there's something i'm not doing?

I've checked all the fuses in the engine bay and drivers footwell fuse box's and they all seem fine, however as my fuse box cover is written in jap i cant see what fuse is for the pump.
Old 16 October 2010, 10:37 AM
kevin wrx
Scooby Regular

might be the fuel pump relay buut dont no were this is located,is there a reset switch for the pump as on most cars if they are hit in a accident there is a switch that cuts power to the fuel pump.i had this happen on a xr4i sierra after i jacked it up no power to fuel pump,so i fount the reset switch in the boot,pushed it in and it started.
Old 16 October 2010, 10:39 AM
kevin wrx
Scooby Regular

ive disconected battery on mine my95 and never had this problem.
Old 16 October 2010, 11:13 AM
gazzawrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kevin wrx
might be the fuel pump relay buut dont no were this is located,is there a reset switch for the pump as on most cars if they are hit in a accident there is a switch that cuts power to the fuel pump.i had this happen on a xr4i sierra after i jacked it up no power to fuel pump,so i fount the reset switch in the boot,pushed it in and it started.
i doubt this is the issue tbh as the car was sat on my drive and didn't move, i'll check the inertia switch anyway though, anyone know where it's located?
Old 10 December 2010, 10:06 PM
matty2879
Scooby Newbie

Default still problem

Originally Posted by gazzawrx
i doubt this is the issue tbh as the car was sat on my drive and didn't move, i'll check the inertia switch anyway though, anyone know where it's located?
l have the same problem with my scooby, did you find a switch or the fuse? Thanks
Old 12 December 2010, 05:36 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i had the exact same fault last yr,laid my car up for a few mths, i disconnected battery.

when the time came to use it again,re-connected battery, nothing from the fuel pump,no prime nothing.

i replaced the fuel pump, sorted

tho the starnge thing, if i connected the non working pump from the car,to a 12v supply,it worked, weird !