Remaps

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2010, 04:09 PM
Gandy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remaps

Hello Everyone.........
At the mo I have a wrx blob eye with the prodrive upgrade.
Is there any remaps that I can do, to make the turbo come in quicker to make it abit more agressive.
I dont know weather to do it now or wait until I upgrade the turbo, but it would be nice to know anywhere that does it or if anyone can recomend a place to go and have it done.
It would be great if it was anywhere in South Wales.....
Thanks everyone
Old 28 September 2010, 04:36 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gandy
Hello Everyone.........
At the mo I have a wrx blob eye with the prodrive upgrade.
Is there any remaps that I can do, to make the turbo come in quicker to make it abit more agressive.
I dont know weather to do it now or wait until I upgrade the turbo, but it would be nice to know anywhere that does it or if anyone can recomend a place to go and have it done.
It would be great if it was anywhere in South Wales.....
Thanks everyone
Being from South Wales myself the best 'local' option for you is Bob Rawle in Swindon.

Bob has mapped two previous Impreza's for me (Hawkeye WRX and a Bugeye S202) and the transformation has been tremendous.

I'm going up on the 8th of October for another mapping session with Bob on my Spec C and I know that he won't disappoint.

With a remap you should see around 285bhp give or take about 5bhp, you already have I believe any uprated fuel pump, Prodrive sports cat and centre decat.

Pop along to the Wales section and have a look around, there are quite a few members from Swansea, Neath, Llanelli and further west and there are regular meets in the Swansea area as well which will give you chance to get advice and talk about your plans.
Old 28 September 2010, 04:41 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At first upgrade turbo(VF34,VF35 will be good turbo for around 340-350BHP),decated full exhaust with uppipe and Sti injectors and 3port boost solenoid and Walbro 255 fuel pump,no induction kit,but good panel filter Green or K&N.And after this you will see around 340-350bhp
Drive off the boost until your car is ready for remap(if you fit before remap),or much better option will be fit everything on remap session.
For remap you try contact here JGM(Jolly Green Monster) or Duncan@Dynamix.

Last edited by jura11; 28 September 2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 28 September 2010, 04:42 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Double post
Old 28 September 2010, 05:33 PM
ozzreid1964
Scooby Regular

another vote here for bob rawle i'm going with ty on the 8th to have mine mapped will also be the 3rd car that bob has mapped for me the drive home is a lot more interesting than the one going up he really does a top job
Old 28 September 2010, 06:56 PM
LongJonnyGspot
Scooby Regular

Whats the going rate now for a first time map and a remap? Cheers.
Old 28 September 2010, 10:10 PM
aXeL
Scooby Regular

Duncan at racedynamix did a sterling job on my blob for £350 without using any proprietary software, i.e. I didn't have to pay for a license like that ECUtek crap. Also, he came to me.

In half a day he transformed the car, sorted the timing, AFRs, boosting, and he explained every step of the way. Happy to talk for hours which suited me. Massively advanced my cam timing which even pro-drive had hardly touched. Made the car sound much more meaty. Added launch control which I hadn't asked for and wasn't expecting! Also very conscious of safe settings for the car and giving good advice as to how I can drive the car better to get the best out of it. Plus, I do my own tinkering and he was happy to advise (without charging!) Obviously a passion for him. Have a look on his site with his 650hp hawkeye!

I've heard good things too about Bob Rawle but Duncan, who also races the cars he builds, did such a great job and is so forthcoming and helpful that I'd recommend him to anyone...

http://racedynamix.co.uk/new/