Notices

Another Cutting Out Question....

Search this Thread

Old 22 September 2010, 07:51 AM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Cutting Out Question....

Hi Guys, looking for the combined might of ScoobyNet for a pointer for my Hawkeye STi PPP.

Yesterday, in the outside lane of motorway at “motorway speeds”, and accelerating to pass someone there was a sudden loss of all power. Managed to coast over onto the hard shoulder to find tickover was 2- 2.5k and with very little response from the throttle. Ie pushing the throttle and the revs struggled to rise with obviously no power behind them.

Turned the engine off for a few moments and back on again and all appeared OK, except the engine management light was on, and I continued with my journey. After a few more starts the engine management light no longer comes on and I have not experienced a hint of the problem since.

Fuel was relatively low at the time – I did another 10 – 15 miles before filling up with 45 litres so do not believe fuel level to be the issue as I’ve been much lower before.

I have my theory but would appreciate it if anyone else has experienced the same problem and can help me out.

The reason I am asking this is because I have a few longish journeys coming up, some with the other half, and don’t really have the time to get it checked properly beforehand but, equally, getting stuck out could be an issue.
Old 22 September 2010, 08:08 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Possible issue with the drive by wire throttle. Can you get the CEL code read?

If not pop over to Surrey Rolling Road tomorrow pm and I will read the code for you.
Old 24 September 2010, 07:49 AM
GeeDee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Dynamix but was up in Leicester yesterday and traffic problems prevented me from calling in on the way back. I will not now get a chance before my next journey to Carlisle.

Traffic aside, I had no problems yesterday so, fingers crossed, it was a one off blip.

Local dealer said it takes about an hour to hook up the equipment to get a code reading. If I do manage to pop in how long would it take to get to read the code?
Old 24 September 2010, 08:41 AM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

About 5 mins