broken help please

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2010, 06:17 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken help please

hi guys ,,,
please i need all your help with this, right went to clean the boost solenoid today and ended up breaking the pipe that comes from the bottom of the solenoid then up to the round thing (orgulater???maybe)ontop of the turbo then i goes into a tea then to the inlet manifold . replaced the pipe with 1 from wilcos slightly diffrent digameter inside .now i only pulling 7psi -instead of the normal 12-14psi . is this due to the new pipe oviously being to small inside and where can i get one of these pipes from .....by the way car is my97 uk 2000turbo standard ............my fault for having sausage fingers
Old 31 August 2010, 07:01 PM
merlin24
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you throw the old pipe away with the restrictor pill in it ??

Mick
Old 31 August 2010, 07:19 PM
niktiler
Scooby Regular

as above sounds like uv lost /thrown the restrictor away
Old 31 August 2010, 07:31 PM
brashy
Scooby Regular

i explained this to someone earlier he had replaced all his boost pipes with new blue one's and lost his boost and he hadnt put in the restrictor pill, the pill goes inside the pipe that comes off your compressor housing just before the t-peice once he had put it back in his car boosted fine again
Old 31 August 2010, 09:20 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

You found it yet
Old 31 August 2010, 10:48 PM
turboaddict
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by b13bat
You found it yet
hi mate yeah i found the little bugger in the end and in the bin and boost is back but boosting slightly more only slightly tho, car seams to idle just a fraction lower aswell maybe this is due to the new pipes or just the fact i cleaned the boost solenoid out. still got this hesitation/slight miss under light throttle or somtimes maintaning speed but when i boot it no prob at all ......gona try cleaning the idle air control valve (if dont break that aswell lol) only if any1 can explan where it is or show me a pic pls and is this ok to clean with wd40 or break n cluch cleaner . thankyou guys for all your time especaly you steve you are a great help
Old 01 September 2010, 01:34 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboaddict
hi mate yeah i found the little bugger in the end and in the bin and boost is back but boosting slightly more only slightly tho, car seams to idle just a fraction lower aswell maybe this is due to the new pipes or just the fact i cleaned the boost solenoid out. still got this hesitation/slight miss under light throttle or somtimes maintaning speed but when i boot it no prob at all ......gona try cleaning the idle air control valve (if dont break that aswell lol) only if any1 can explan where it is or show me a pic pls and is this ok to clean with wd40 or break n cluch cleaner . thankyou guys for all your time especaly you steve you are a great help

Yeah cleaning the BCS will not of hurt. Tickover/idle should be approx 1200rpm at cold and 800rpm when warmed up. If your idle is steady then i can't see cleaning IACV will change anything as far as the miss in concerned.