Notices

03 reg Sti PPP tuning advice

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2010, 06:40 PM
ctommo88
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 reg Sti PPP tuning advice

I have just recently purchased on 03 Impreza STI with prodrive . It has a strait through from cat exhaust and a K&N typhoon cone filter that is located in the wing. There is also a cold air feed running to this from the fog lamp cover.
I want my scoob to run as “healthy” as possible really, I have recently demoted my Turbosmart supersonic BOV and re-fitted the original recirculation valve and notice an increase in performance.

My question is should I keep my typhoon filter or demote it for a panel filter like green, Cosworth, K&N etc. I have heard mixed stories about air filters and would much appreciate your advice on the matter.

Also I aware that many mod's for the impreza's require a remap and as the prodrive package comes with a different ECU does this mean I can go ahead and mod wille-nille or do I still require another remap?

Thanks
Old 27 August 2010, 07:31 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It isnt a different ecu, it is just a remap of the std ecu so the same principles apply.

If you want to keep the induction kit then get it remapped to suit (along with the exhaust mods) as all of these will be taking it away from the prodrive ppp map (this coudl be safe or not or costing power)
Old 27 August 2010, 09:01 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure it hasnt been mapped already?
May just need a check over to see if mapped etc

Simon
Old 28 August 2010, 09:29 PM
ctommo88
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure enough it's not had any additional remaps other than the prodrive one, so I've played it save and bought a cosworth panel filter from Roger Clark.

Cheers for the advice.