Notices

blitz spec r boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2010, 12:59 PM
leescoobwrc
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blitz spec r boost controller

I have one of these on the car when purchased it, how does it control the boost? can i turn the boost up?? im used to manual control valves not electronic ones... can someone help??
Old 17 August 2010, 01:06 PM
Scooby_CL
Scooby Regular

From Blitz website

'
The Dual Solenoid Boost Controller Spec R (DSBC Spec R) has four programmable boost settings or various levels of boost. This unit features a built-in boost gauge, peak boost display, four different boost settings, boost warning, scramble boost, and a boost limiter safety feature to prevent over boosting. The DSBC Spec R uses a dual solenoid design for maximum boost response. This unit is capable of handling boost up to 2.5bar (36psi). The DSBC Spec R is 1/4 din in size and is compatible with internal actuators and external wastegates. This unit is available in a silver case with an green LCD display. The difference between the DSBC Spec R and Spec S is the solenoid design. Spec R uses dual solenoid while the Spec S uses a single solenoid design. '

In short yes... you can make in cabin boost changes. you can run a low and a high setting and flick between the two setting with a push of a button. also can run a scramble setting which will flick to a high boost for around 30 seconds for short bursts or overtaking type thing.

Hope that helps mate
Old 17 August 2010, 01:59 PM
leescoobwrc
Scooby Newbie

do you know how to actually up the boost with it though? i understand that its in bar rather than PSI. its already installed and its the spec r one, the engine has been heavily modified by a previous owner and the dealer i got it off didnt really have a clue about it. ive got the instructions but it isnt really clear...
Old 17 August 2010, 02:33 PM
Scooby_CL
Scooby Regular

run through the Manuel should all be there.

I have never set up one personaly but the jist is with the left switch flick through the modes... find the boost set up mode and adjust accordingly through the settings.

there will be loads of modes but you don't really need to worry about them. just find the boost setting mode and have a play and perhaps adjust the gain for how progressive the boost comes in.

** just dont make it spike like crazy or run silly boost, it will only lead to bad things **
Old 17 August 2010, 03:46 PM
leescoobwrc
Scooby Newbie

yeah i dont want to kill it Haha thanks mate, ill have a play