Notices

finally got a wrx imported classic

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2010, 12:04 AM
tyler120706
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally got a wrx imported classic

be away for a while having to sell my impreza for financal reasons but finally after 3 uk turbo 2000's i have a 94 wrx in red and to be fair its in the best shape of all the rest before it the newest ive ad was a 99 model,
i bought it with a slipping clutch last week drove striaght to the mopar nats and wasted my dads 68 dodge charger doing a 14.1 run sweet ! lol
im having the clutch done this week but already im looking for more power it does have a 98 spec inlet manifold with the larger tmic cat back s/s ninja exhaust bailey dump valve and a hks inducton kit i need some ideas of some cost effective mods and power expectatons for them ,is my actuator adjustable for more boost etc

i do have a garrett m24 a/r70 laying around maybe i could get that to fit

thanks in advance
Old 09 August 2010, 12:57 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the turbo you have on it, its the best one for your car, then think about injectors, front mounted intercooler, uprated fuel pump, new oil pump, brakes, potential new gearbox as the more power you go for the less chance this has of surviving, but the list is fairly endless, the engines are not strong on classics and the early models need a fair bit of modifying to get them up to scratch.
Then think about the cost of adding an induction kit (you will need to if you go fmic) and a remap (unless you want to blow it up?)
ESL do a chip so thats the easiest bet.

Tony