Notices

code 45, pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 15 July 2010, 09:24 AM
T.K
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 45, pressure sensor

I´m getting this fault and it is not holding boost correctly. Can i drive without it or try to clean it? Is it possible to leave it out and connect straight to the map sensor?
Old 15 July 2010, 07:14 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

The pressure sensor is the MAP sensor, and no, you can't drive without it. However, error 45 can be caused by the failure of the sensor (circuit) itself, or the pressure source change solenoid - which switches the sensor from reading atmospheric or manifold absolute pressure.

You could try spraying the PSCS and pressure sensor out with brake cleaner, but before doing so, check all the electrical connections. Also, connect the green plugs and switch on the ignition to put the ECU into test mode, and then rest your fingers against the PSCS to see if you can feel it clicking on and off. If you can. then that strongly points to the sensor itself, or its connection to the ECU, as being the cause of the error.
Old 15 July 2010, 07:56 PM
T.K
Scooby Regular

actually i meant the brown round sensor where the hose comes from intake and goes to map senso. I have seen that some people have done that. It did not help me, so I got a 3 bar map sensor but need help with wireing. Maybe someone knows how to do it.
Old 16 July 2010, 03:35 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

The "brown round sensor" is actually the pressure source change solenoid. You can't leave it out/drive without it because, as above, the ECU uses it to switch the pressure measurement between atmospheric and manifold absolute.

If you remove the PSCS and connect the MAP sensor direct to the pipe from the inlet manifold, the ECU has no way to measure atmospheric pressure, and so cannot calculate the boost target, nor any of the atmo-linked compensations, and will also give you the code 45 error continuously.