problems with 99 scoob??

Search this Thread

Old 22 June 2010, 12:39 AM
V2_NOS
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question problems with 99 scoob??

Hi

i recently got a 99 scoobie off my mate, he was running nitros and blew the engine up a, he then had a rebulid from API impreza (this was couple of yrs ago) he then did not have the money for a Remap and neglected the car leaving it to rust for 2 years before he sold it to me for a grand just to get it off his driveway.

im not too sure about the cars specs i dont know if its running a pile of crap mods or not im still trying to learn the ins and outs of these cars but here is an old link to the car: http://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/u...reza_400_.html

iv already booked a remap with Jolly green monster, but the car gives off a bit of blue smoke rarely on start up and also for few seconds on boost (iv only ever boosted it properly once since i got it just to test)

is this becuase it has not been remapped since it has the engine rebuilt?? is it safe to drive carefully without thrashing as its not even been run in its only done 350 miles since the rebuild even though that was 2 years ago.

do a service maybe? the car was derelect for 2 years

PS i sold the Nitros on Ebay there is no way im blowing it the poor thing up again.

all advice is apprecaited

thanks
Old 22 June 2010, 08:03 AM
R5_GTT_Steve
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could it be oil seeping past the oil seals in the turbo as it has been sat for awhile?