Notices

BOOST PROBLEMS NEED ADVICE OR HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2010, 06:31 AM
customboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOST PROBLEMS NEED ADVICE OR HELP!!

Hi there to all the subaru guru's just a qucik question or scream for help or advice, i own a nice 94/95 imported wrx impreza car has hayward and scott exhaust and td05 16g turbo k n n induction kit and a few samco hoses and forge dump valve fitted and a running a z4 ecu

i just have one problem on my boost gauge when the car is driving well its goes just between 0.5 and 1.0 bar on my boost gauge and sounds and drive great but there has been this niggly problem at times it doesnt and wont go past 0.5 just gets there and stops boosting i have checked for any leaks and cant find any put did find the hose from the resonator box to boost solenoid not connected after i changed some hoses, i reconnected this and hasnt changed anything still at times car wants to fly and next it wants to make me cry, im not to technially minded but on the boost solnoid in the inner wing it can be adjusted i dont really want to mess about with it but maybe it needs turning up of down i havent a clue or maybe the solenoid might be fault and causing my lack of boost at tiimes as im clueless ?? but i know when it runs great and pulls well my dump valve sounds great when its not sounding well dump valve sounds weak im lost!!

any advice or help would be great also can this solenoid be replace for something newer if that is the problem as i said im not to techinally minded and still reading up on alot of things

i look forward to hearing from anyone who can help me and thanks for reading my cry for help

thanks all bobby aka customboy
Old 15 June 2010, 07:23 AM
RS74
Scooby Regular

don't know if this will work but try :
1. take off your boost solenoid on offside front inner wing and clean out with a bit off brake cleaner or something simalar,then give it a blow out to clean/dry
2. your turbo vac pipe has a resrictor pill in the vac pipe (pipe closest to the intercooler intake on turbo), remove vac pipe and carfully remove vac pipe pill,make sure its not clocked up with crap or oil .

you could also check the gaskets on the underside of intercooler on your 'y' pipe
hope this works
Old 15 June 2010, 10:14 AM
r1c
Scooby Regular

You say your boost solenoid is adjustable, I don't think the oe ones are. I'd probley source an original boost solenoid and retry. It's probley set right on the limit, and in certain conditions your boosting a little too hard hence the cut! There is a procedure for cleaning the boost solenoid, using the green plugs I think under the dash. I wouldn't remove the pill at all as far as I'm aware they have to go back in exactly the same place in the pipe or it won't work properly. The cleaning procedure should clear the pipes and pill as well.
If you changed some pipes, has it been doing it since then? Just wondering if you've removed the pill not knowing and left it out?
Old 16 June 2010, 06:34 AM
customboy
Scooby Regular

well i took everything apart today all my new hoses the intercooler and checked every single jubilee clip and then reconnected everything and made sure every item was secure and tighted to hell and the car now runs great for the momment but its done this before so will wait to see if it loses power again and keep u updated but thanks for all tthe info guys been great help

bobby aka customboy