Notices

Which Wire Is Ignition Wire Near Battery???

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2010, 12:30 PM
Nocturnal Nick
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Wire Is Ignition Wire Near Battery???

Hi All, just wondering if anyone knows which wire is the ignition wire near the battery for me to fit in my (Fake) dump valve

The Car is a 2 Litre AWD Sport on a 96 plate.

Cheers
Old 25 May 2010, 12:33 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

Why would you want a fake dump valve, and you will need a volt meter and explore the underside of your fuse box,
Old 25 May 2010, 12:38 PM
Nocturnal Nick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P600wrx
Why would you want a fake dump valve, and you will need a volt meter and explore the underside of your fuse box,
As its not a turbo, and i cant afford the insurance on a turbo, and it's been made to look like an sti so why not try n make it sound like one???

But yes I need a volt meter to check but dont have one at the current time so was wondering if anyone had done this before and could possibly tell me.

Thanks anyway
Old 25 May 2010, 12:41 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

if you need an ignition wire mate it's best to run 1 from the ignition switch, use the red/blue wire make sure you have a 5amp fuse in-line to the control unit and a good clean earth,

out of curiosity how does it know when to make the blow off sound, is there a micro switch under the throttle peddle so when you lift off it blows..........
Old 25 May 2010, 12:44 PM
Nocturnal Nick
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P600wrx
if you need an ignition wire mate it's best to run 1 from the ignition switch, use the red/blue wire make sure you have a 5amp fuse in-line to the control unit and a good clean earth,

out of curiosity how does it know when to make the blow off sound, is there a micro switch under the throttle peddle so when you lift off it blows..........
Where is the ignition switch as im not very good with cars? Answer to other question is Yes theres a micro switch under the pedal that when full throttle is applied and released it plays sound from speaker under the bonnet
Old 25 May 2010, 12:47 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nocturnal Nick
As its not a turbo, and i cant afford the insurance on a turbo, and it's been made to look like an sti so why not try n make it sound like one???
While P600 has a point, you seem to be missing the obvious here.

A proper classic STi dumpvalve recirculates the waste air and doesn't make any obvious noise from outside the car. So, by definition, if the thing you've got goes "pssshhh", "fart", "parp" or whatever, fitting it will get you an instant fail in your quest to make your car "sound like an STi".

If you want to fit a fake dumpvalve that sounds like a real one, you need one that doesn't make any noise. Doh.
Old 25 May 2010, 12:47 PM
P600wrx
Scooby Regular

if you do not know where your ignition switch is imho you sohould not be messing with wire's, but anyway the ignition switch is the thing you put your ignition key into to start the car....... remove the lower panel and trace the loom of 4 wire's coming from it.....