Notices

oil pipe under the turbo

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2010, 04:58 PM
tomtit88
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pipe under the turbo

the pipe under my turbo has a sh*t clip on it and when i put the turbo on and took it bk off the turbo just pulled out of the pipe with out much of a pull this is why my turbo blew cause that pipe came off but i was told to use a jubely clip but there is no way in hell you could get down there to do it up even when the clip is on i can move the clip up and down and i have a pit and you cant even see it from underneath is there anyone who has had this problem
Old 19 May 2010, 05:33 PM
PeeVee
Scooby Regular

Thats the way they are I'm afraid.

No it didn't cause your turbo failier.

It is only a drain pipe for the oil in the turbo, so is not under any pressure (The rally cars don't even run a clip at all at the top of the pipe... This makes it easier to change the turbo on event)

The oil is fed in under pressure from the top of the turbo via the small metal pipe that is bolted to the turbo, and then drains through the bottom pipe back into the sump once it has done its job

Last edited by PeeVee; 19 May 2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 19 May 2010, 09:15 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As said above ,because this is an oil drain pipe,when you come to remove the turbo and give it a tug the turbo comes out quite easilyI dont know who told you to use a jubilee clip[as you wont be able to do it up.Simple solution use an extra long (10' - 12')pair of stiff long nose pliers.That way you can grip the two lugs on the clip,and hold it at the bottom of the pipe.Line your turbo up with the uppipe bolts and lower it on to the oil drain hose.You will feel it slide in the hose,then simply pull the clip up the hose,until it goes over the ridge on the oil drainpipe ,release the pliers and withdraw them job done.
Old 19 May 2010, 10:42 PM
tomtit88
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
As said above ,because this is an oil drain pipe,when you come to remove the turbo and give it a tug the turbo comes out quite easilyI dont know who told you to use a jubilee clip[as you wont be able to do it up.Simple solution use an extra long (10' - 12')pair of stiff long nose pliers.That way you can grip the two lugs on the clip,and hold it at the bottom of the pipe.Line your turbo up with the uppipe bolts and lower it on to the oil drain hose.You will feel it slide in the hose,then simply pull the clip up the hose,until it goes over the ridge on the oil drainpipe ,release the pliers and withdraw them job done.

thanks guys but this has put a bumer on me now cause thats the only reason i fort the car was pissing out with oil but my turbo has defo gone cause there was oil in the turbo and in the air filter and intercooler but why was there oil pissing from underneath the car when it wamed up but the car idels fine with no ticks or rattels were would it come from