Notices

newbie with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2010, 09:22 PM
dan69royal
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with some questions

hi all. recently bought a 2005 impreza sti prodrive.moved over from a astra vxr which was an awsome car but needed rear doors and a bigger boot for all my work stuff.sti is in great condition apart from the brakes which i sorted this morning. already looking in halfords for bolt on goodies.(joke).
just fitted red stuff pads and have braided lines on order.
was wanting to know the cheapest places for the following items.
uprated fuel pump
iriduim sparks plugs
itg/k&n filter
lowering springs. (coilovers bit overkill for the missis.)
also looking for a 3" turbo back miltek no cats no silencers in the near future.
i will get some pics up once iv got round to cleaning it.

cheers. looking forward to getting to some shows work permitting and seeing whats what

Last edited by dan69royal; 08 May 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08 May 2010, 09:28 PM
wrx0211
Scooby Regular

try scoobyworld,how does the sti compare to the astra then.p.s red stuff pads wore my disc badly.
Old 08 May 2010, 10:30 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dan69royal
hi all. recently bought a 2005 impreza sti prodrive.moved over from a astra vxr which was an awsome car but needed rear doors and a bigger boot for all my work stuff.sti is in great condition apart from the brakes which i sorted this morning. already looking in halfords for bolt on goodies.(joke).
just fitted red stuff pads and have braided lines on order.
was wanting to know the cheapest places for the following items.
uprated fuel pump
iriduim sparks plugs
itg/k&n filter
lowering springs. (coilovers bit overkill for the missis.)
also looking for a 3" turbo back miltek no cats no silencers in the near future.
i will get some pics up once iv got round to cleaning i
cheers. looking forward to getting to some shows work permitting and seeing whats what

my next car vxr nuremburg my mate has one and its mapped
Old 08 May 2010, 10:50 PM
dan69royal
Scooby Regular

well my astra was tuned to 300bhp and had a fair few handling mods. id say straight line the sti is faster but round corners the vxr wins hands down. the turbo on the vxr is small compared to alot of the garrets floating about but because of that, its on full boost low down on the rev range and holds well right to the redline. not too keyed up on the subaru turbo but feels alot stronger. but have no boost gauge to look at boost through the revs.(something that will soon be sorted.). the 4wd system means that grip isnt a problem on the subaru but with the lsd on the vxr, it puts the power down realy well.
think 1/4 mile times a 300bhp sti vs vxr sti wins but in gear accelaration vxr defo wins.
the vxrs interior is a bit better but i suppose you dont buy a subaru for what its like on the inside. to be honest tho the two cars are in different classes. you cant get a 1000bhp astra! overall very impressed with the car. sold the vxr to my brother so i can still compare the two once i get tweeking.

was told at a subaru garage to use red stuff pads. they siad that yellows are crap when cold. have yellows on the astra along with a brake upgrade and they are fantastic but i thought id listen to the expert and give them a go.
Old 08 May 2010, 10:52 PM
dan69royal
Scooby Regular

burgs are the way forward. hold there value better than any car iv seen. they were going for 14500 last year and still going strong now. saw one at 17600 the other day.