MY97 cuttin out

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2010, 09:25 PM
drfeelgood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY97 cuttin out

Hi Guys
Been having this problem for a couple of months now where the car just cuts out or if i,m driving trys to cut out,Does,nt happen every day thats why is been going on a bit but can happen at any part of my journey ie 5 mins into journey or an hour into , 8 out of cases it trys to cut out at very low speeds like setting off or when i,m pulling up to lights or turning a slow corner but has been known to try and cut out at moterway speed but put your foot down it goes away ,no CEL comes on at any time and if it does cut out at lights or corner , starts first time every time and idles perfectly at about 750-800 rpms.
First started when i was doing a bit of running about and was just going along at 30mph when it felt like my foot had backed off the pedel for a split second , then i did it again on low revs at about 20 - 25 mph like a very quick fuel cut.I have the car about 18 months and not had any problems until this ,all mods were done before i got the car which are bailey dv,induction kit ,straight through exhaust ,boost gauge.
Don,t know where to start - coil packs and leads , fuel pump or relays or somewhere else.
sorry for the long explaination. Thanks in advance The Doc