Greetings > uk turbo owner

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2010, 11:53 AM
Cexy_ratt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings > uk turbo owner

Hi all,
I decided i wanted to get an impreza , but a cheap one as there not really my cup of tea. Cossie and ST205 are my babys and live happily in my garage.

Anyways i have had a WRX import 1996 and a Terzo in the past, but got really bored of them compared to my other cars and sold up.

i like the noise and the torque of them so got another a 1998 uk turbo off ebay, its a bit doggish, slaps when cold > but essentially its all there and runs well. Too well if feels like my old wrx, my terzo and other uk imprezas i have drove have felt well to be blunt crap > not powerfull and just boring

How can a uk turbo seem to pull aswell as wrx import car, its spins all 4 wheel if you want it to and really seems a lot more than 200ish bhp.what things could have been swapped on it. it all looks standard

I have put a little bit of preload on the actuator and its go a cobra exhaust all the orginal cats are in place. So any suggestions i would just like to try and get a hanger on what i have here, the ecu says somehting like 5S or 8S on it

Any suggesions or things to look for , please advise

many thanks

Rob
Old 23 April 2010, 11:11 PM
scoobyricht
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the ecu on a my98 cant be remapped and has to be changed if upgrades are done properly, 8s is the standard one on a 98 i think so sounds like urs is the original. have a look under the bonnet for devices inbetween the turbo and the actuator, bleed valves Manual boost controller etc. injectors should be a grey colour and turbo a td04.