hazard light problem

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2010, 11:56 AM
britishbulldog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hazard light problem

bit of a strange one, my hazard lights have suddenly stopped working,
indicators still work though, but here is the strange bit, if you press the hazard switch in fully then they dont work, if you press it slightly (so it doesn't catch) then only the right indicator works, if you hold the hazard switch at that position (so the right indicator is flashing and then press indicator stalk up both indicators work (only sometimes, or it makes a really strange crackling noise!!) it has always worked fine before now and nothing has been touched to make it start doing this.

any one have any ideas?

oh and its a 96 wrx.

thanks in advance, beer tokens for anyone who can give me a solution! really p'ing me off now.
Old 20 April 2010, 01:49 PM
britishbulldog
Scooby Regular

bttt

right, i have been advised the fault lies with the actual hazard light switch itself, suppose that makes sense as the indicators work so cant be them, the relay still works (assuming its the same relay for the indicators and the hazards) so anyone know where i can get a working hazard light switch other than ebay?

would make a change if its actually a cheap fix for once
Old 21 April 2010, 12:53 PM
britishbulldog
Scooby Regular

come back to car park at dinner and noticed my aerial was up, it appears that it no longer wants to retract itself automatically.

i'm beginning to hate my car, there is always something going wrong with it, anyone have any idea where to start with the aerial problem, what to check etc? could it be something as simple as a fuse? if so does anyone know which fuse is for the retractable aerial?

don't know if it has any bearing but i have had an amp fitted and last night on turning it up quite (well, very) loud, it blew the fuse under the bonnet for the amp power supply, could this have blown another fuse causing the aerial to no longer work?

here's hoping i get more replies than my original post, i am beginning to think i have offended someone!!!!

thanks in advance
Old 21 April 2010, 02:12 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Hi, tbh u sort of answered urself, Id defo get the amp looked at and it maybe why the aerial is staying up, a lot of installers use the electric aerial output from the HU to power the remote switch on the amp so maybe this has something to do with ur aerial issue,
The switches are known to go, the fact u can half press it and it works says faulty switch and not wiring(from what u have said).
hth
Old 21 April 2010, 03:11 PM
britishbulldog
Scooby Regular

thanks for the reply , there is at least one person i haven't offended then! i am gonna replace the amp fuse later tonight and will see if that helps.

i know these are only little issues but they bug the hell out of me. oh well at worst its a new power aerial motor and hazard switch so not the end of the world, certainly not as bad as needing a new engine
2 weeks after i bought her!

Do u know if the power aerial has a fuse in the fusebox before i start taking bits off to get to it?

Thanks again
Old 21 April 2010, 04:37 PM
britishbulldog
Scooby Regular

forgot to mention another little problem,

in the morning after sitting all night (from 7pm til 7.30am) the car fails to start first time, it tries but stalls, on second attempt to start it fires fine, once started it doesnt stall and appears to run fine.

if left at work all day (from 9 - 5) then when its time to go home it fires up first time, it only seems to be if left all night that the problem occurs.

Any ideas on this? it is 800 miles overdue for an oil change, dont know if that has any bearing on it, it has done it once previously about 6 months ago, but then was fine for months but now this is happening every morning