Notices

MOT Failure

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2010, 01:07 PM
Scooba-roo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOT Failure

I've just got back from the Stealers where my car just failed an MOT test due to emissions. CO and Lamda failed, tried it again after using Injector cleaner and a good run, tested it hot and it still failed. It's a MY00 classic.

I've recently put in a new MAF sensor and a new Lamda although this was a universal one and not the direct replacement part. It passed last year with no issues, but since then I've added a K&N performance filter and a Walbro fuel pump. I haven't had the engine remapped. Since I changed the sensors I've had no running problems, and I did reset the ECU as well. The car is running on a standard exhaust which is now 10 years old, is it likely that a leak could cause an emissions failure? CO is at 2.3% which is a lot higher than the 0.3% allowed.
or is is likely to be more serious... Turbo failure? I'm getting a whine when the car is driven hard, it seems to relate to engine revs as when the clutch is dipped it goes away, but I thought that this might be the diff/gearbox. Do I need to remap with the mods I've made?

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks