Notices

What a day!!

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2010, 06:39 PM
ZippyBobby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What a day!!

Im not in the business of bad mouthing people so I shall name no names. Basically six months ago I booked my Type R impreza in for a new turbo new boost controller and a few other bits. I specifed a turbo that could handle upto 450bhp my long term aim is 400+ but I though i would build in a factor of saftey. Anyway they car went in and made 340 bhp car ran fine for the last six months. On sat I took the car back for the bigger injectors to be fitted plus an oil leak fixed new clutch and a fuel pressure valve + a slight map so the car can run the new injectors and check everything is sweet. So i get a phone call from the top engineer there saying I think we need a chat basically the fu****g **** that takes all the cars in and goes over the spec you want appear to have no clue what he is playing at I spoke to this bloke and asked initaillay for this 450 bhp turbo and what not. so came into today the engineer said you have been done over bearing in mind the engineer and the bloke i have been dealing with work in the same company after a chat i raised my concerns for the turbo initailly supplied was told it was a hybird vf34 roller bearing turbo turned out that turbo is good for 350 at a push then found out no mention of the fuel pressure regulator was made on the job sheet nor was the oil leak the bloke i was talking to had mapped the car down to 260bhp to be safe becuasue he was not able to take the ECUTEK up further due the fact that it was very complicated due to these bigger injectors. So anyway he has now turned round and explained the bloke i was dealing with is a C**t and is swapping the turbo out for a new one that will do 450 plus he is fitted the fuel pressure regulator and the clutch / injectors all for free. Just has to get that off my chest could not believe what T**ts some people could be and how they are allowed to work in tuning shop.

Ps does any body know where i can get the ECUTek mapped properly in the berkshire/ surry area have the engine forged over the next few week so will be ready for mapping shortly.
Old 23 February 2010, 07:35 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

It looks like someone else took over your post from the 8th line.. Either that or you were ranting as you were typing and turned into Mr Hyde!

Sounds like a crap outfit if there's such a wide difference of advise between the so called experts..

Last edited by skoobidude; 23 February 2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 23 February 2010, 07:38 PM
leestokey
Scooby Newbie

Hi zippy
that sounds very w**k I dont post very much I just like reading the forum but from what ive read its usually someone like race dynamix (Duncan) always heard good things about him also jolly green monster andy forrest engine tuner theres prob loads more but these are the ones I keep seeing pop up in forums I believe some maybe mobile mappers just have a look on the forums
good luck
Old 23 February 2010, 07:45 PM
ZippyBobby
Scooby Regular

cheers mate i will look into these

Originally Posted by leestokey
Hi zippy
that sounds very w**k I dont post very much I just like reading the forum but from what ive read its usually someone like race dynamix (Duncan) always heard good things about him also jolly green monster andy forrest engine tuner theres prob loads more but these are the ones I keep seeing pop up in forums I believe some maybe mobile mappers just have a look on the forums
good luck
Old 23 February 2010, 07:46 PM
ZippyBobby
Scooby Regular

think i got cross got carried away with the typing yer they do seem to suck i am going to get the new turbo then run run run and never go back there

Originally Posted by skoobidude
It looks like someone else took over your post from the 8th line.. Either that or you were ranting as you were typing and turned into Mr Hyde!

Sounds like a crap outfit if there's such a wide difference of advise between the so called experts..
Old 23 February 2010, 07:50 PM
scoobygaz1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try martin at engintuner not the nearest but one of the best.