Catch for petrol cap door

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2010, 12:11 AM
Ethel
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch for petrol cap door

Hi,

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place or if it is most random post of the day, but I need to find a new catch for the door covering the petrol cap on my 2000 classic and I haven't got a clue where to look.

The part causing the problem is the bit of plastic and metal that secures the door over the petrol cap when you close it, and releases the door when you pull the release lever by the driver's seat. Must be worth all of 50p but it's causing me no end of problems: the plastic bit has broken and the metal 'hinge' has fallen off. I've tried gluing it back with superglue, araldite, glue gun, you name it, nothing works. So now I have to lever the door open with my key every time I fill up which is not doing a lot for my paintwork.

Does anybody know how/where I can get a replacement? Many thanks in advance for any help!
Old 15 February 2010, 06:57 AM
Ryan_23
Scooby Newbie

Mine broke off a couple months back. I was able to get one from the dealer. It was very cheap.

Ryan

Originally Posted by Ethel
Hi,

Apologies if I am posting this in the wrong place or if it is most random post of the day, but I need to find a new catch for the door covering the petrol cap on my 2000 classic and I haven't got a clue where to look.

The part causing the problem is the bit of plastic and metal that secures the door over the petrol cap when you close it, and releases the door when you pull the release lever by the driver's seat. Must be worth all of 50p but it's causing me no end of problems: the plastic bit has broken and the metal 'hinge' has fallen off. I've tried gluing it back with superglue, araldite, glue gun, you name it, nothing works. So now I have to lever the door open with my key every time I fill up which is not doing a lot for my paintwork.

Does anybody know how/where I can get a replacement? Many thanks in advance for any help!
Old 15 February 2010, 02:46 PM
Normski
Scooby Regular

Location: Stirlingshire; Wrx type RA STi version 2 V-Limited; #097/555

Yes, get it from a Subaru dealer. I got one a while back, the part number was 57651FA040.
Old 17 February 2010, 08:57 PM
Ethel
Scooby Newbie

Thanks folks, I'll have a chat - thanks especially for the part number, dead handy.
Old 17 February 2010, 09:29 PM
Setright
Scooby Regular

Annoying thing to lose !

Nice one on the part number