Notices

BugEye Turbo Struggling?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2010, 09:56 PM
f8rdy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BugEye Turbo Struggling?

I bought a 2001 BugEye WRX last week, 8 days later I was still happy but just now I found that the dump valve went very quiet and im getting a few seconds of induction noise before the turbo actually reacts.

Im guessing its the airflow into the turbo that im hearing, once or twice it didnt boost but the rest of the time it will boost after thinking about it for a few seconds. It's asthough its struggling for air.

I cant imagine it would be related but the only thing that ive changed is 15 litres of regular 95 unleaded when i got short earlier today. I filled the rest of the tank up with Optimax as treat then.

Is the turbo on the way out? or out? or is it the fuel?

Im brand new to scoobys and turbos so any idea will be a help.

Thanks

Last edited by f8rdy; 19 January 2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 19 January 2010, 10:03 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Dont fill it with 95 bud, its like eating **** sandwiches. Use at least 97 Ron, and aim for VPower as often as you possibly can. When you leave the Petrol Station tw@t yourself on the head with a mace, because if you remember all the fill ups and how much you have spent, you will drive yourself potty. If the 'induction noise is between 1,500 revs and about 3, 000 revs then its just the turbo spooling up, the dump valve will be quiet also as it is a recirculating type, unless you have an aftermarket type.

If you have an aftermarket dumpvalve, watch your back down the dark alleys of Scoobynet. They'll have you!
Old 19 January 2010, 10:11 PM
f8rdy
Scooby Regular

*hands up* its a bailey one, sorry

Its been making regular induction noises in the week ive had it but it seemed to..... i suppose the turbo seemed to build up gradually as it pulled the air in, so it was spinning up as it got the air.

Now its asthough its saying "hang on a minute" then takes a few secs to pull the air in (in the meantime the car is pulling back a bit) then it says "ok im ready", and off we go. It cant multitask lol.

Im hoping the 95 has upset it and i'll have the problem solved by filling her with the gold plated shell stuff. Id hope it will mix anyway, at the moment its got 1 to 3 mix of 95 to Optimax so....... I dunno....... just worrying a bit.

I love having a new car but I hate waiting for things to go wrong..... then having to eat **** sandwiches!

Last edited by f8rdy; 19 January 2010 at 10:13 PM.