help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 January 2010, 07:31 PM
scotty99978
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!

hi all am a newbie and looking for help

i am looking for a decent scoob and finally found one that was nt thrashed to hills,but problem is when i took it for test drive,when changin into 5th gear sometimes it was grinding,which i was told it was just a syncro and nothing to worry about,maybe am just being naive,but is this common??
i dont really want to pay a fortune for a car to have to replace gearbox shortly afterwards?

thanks
Old 07 January 2010, 07:44 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

Personally I would stay clear Plenty of scoobs around something will come up, If your really interested you could ask the seller to have the work done on the strength of you buying it if he did
Old 07 January 2010, 08:00 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

That's an idea, if he really thinks it's not much he won't mind getting it fixed first, if he doesn't want to then he's probably trying to pass the bill on to the next owner, happens with all cars i'm afraid. Welcome btw mate.

As above, ideally you should see as many as you can rather than locking on to the first one you see, it's easy to do, but you have to keep in your mind that the right Scooby out there is just waiting for you to come along.

How many have you looked at so far? Any particular type etc you're looking for?
Old 07 January 2010, 08:44 PM
scotty99978
Scooby Newbie

thanks for help,think a ll stay clear of that one and keep looking so far looked at about 7 altogether 4 classics and 3 bug eyes was initially lookin for a bug eye but swayin towards the classic,so far the one s ave seen are all advertised as 'cleanest impreza' and 'mint condition'then when go to view have 'minor' things wrong with them or the body far from clean lol never mind a ll just keep lookin out
Old 07 January 2010, 08:55 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

Nice one, you'll know when its right for you.