Notices

Prodrive Check List

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2010, 07:37 PM
prodrive sti 340
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive Check List

I've had my car for about 3 yrs now, when i first got it the Subaru mechanic said my car must have had some thing done to it as it was quicker than normal, so i had it on a rolling road, it averaged out at 315bhp and 340bhp on the odd additional run.

it has a Prodrive exhaust (no cats).

im guessing its had the full prodrive kit fitted. is there a way of checking especially the fuel pump as im looking at gaining more power, any advice would be great.

best wishes,

Mark
Old 02 January 2010, 07:45 PM
dynamix
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The prodrive exhaust has a sports cat so if yours has no cats it is not the prodrive exhaust.

It is probably varying in power output because of the varying amounts of overboost that will be going on from running decat. I hope for your sake that it was not detting and removing timing (and affecting the power that way).

Fuel pump for £70 is a worthwhile thing to do anyway.

Do you know of any other mods that have been done to the car?

What are you aiming for ?
Old 02 January 2010, 08:19 PM
prodrive sti 340
Scooby Regular

Hi Duncan,

thanks for the reply, sorry what is detting, the service book at the front with the registation card says wrx sti ppp so im guessing it had the prodrive upgrade on it from new, ive done nearly 20,000 miles in it since i had it with no problems so im hoping nothing has been done to it that might damage it in the future.

i have put an induction kit on but soon to replace that with a panel filter (induction doesnt seem to get much support).

i also have fitted a boost guage it gets up to about 19psi and feathers off from about 5,500 rpm ish.

I'm not looking for anything completely mad in power its quite fast enough but its always fun to add things to see what can be achieved.

thanks again,

best wishes,

Mark
Old 02 January 2010, 08:33 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodrive sti 340
i have put an induction kit on but soon to replace that with a panel filter (induction doesnt seem to get much support).
The reason why induction kits don't get much positive support round here is that aside from not actually helping much, one of the known side effects is knocking the mass airflow sensor flow vs voltage scaling out, which in turn affects on-boost mixtures and, if you're not careful, leans it out beyond the point of running safely.

I'm not looking for anything completely mad in power its quite fast enough but its always fun to add things to see what can be achieved.
Sure, but it helps if you are instrumenting the engine in sufficient detail to know exactly what your "things" are doing. Not so much fun if you accidentally achieve a blown or seriously damaged engine.
Old 02 January 2010, 08:49 PM
prodrive sti 340
Scooby Regular

Hi Splitpin,

Thanks for the reply,

i understand your point, i may have come across a bit fly, yes your wright ill be putting the panel filter back on tomorrow, not being on a forum before you dont realise what your doing untill you get the info which is most appriciated, its always a case of that looks good lets try it without knowing the problems, i intend to keep the car for many years to come.

which is the best way to go for intake.

how do i go about instrumenting the engine in sufficient detail.

thanks again for your trouble to reply,

besy wishes,

Mark