Notices

Where are the Green and black plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2009, 12:18 PM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where are the Green and black plugs??

Hello

I'm trying to find the green and black plugs, I have taken out the plastic cover but I cant find any of them so I have also taken off the cowling and the kick panel still cant find them

All I have found is the grey plug below, can any one help to locate them and can any tell me what this plug is for below

Old 28 December 2009, 12:25 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

they are up under the drivers side footwell. if they are hard to find ti probably because they never been used before and taped up out the way. took me a while to find mine, but they will be there. mine were top left of the drivers side foot well. tucked up in the corner.
Old 28 December 2009, 12:27 PM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

cheers mje, I will go and have another look
Old 28 December 2009, 12:27 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Im not a expert but think they are only on 98 cars and onwards?
Old 28 December 2009, 12:33 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
Im not a expert but think they are only on 98 cars and onwards?
Nope, mine is a MY97 and has them
Old 28 December 2009, 12:48 PM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

found the little buggers taped up in the looming about the pedals, keep getting the error code 23 which I believe is the MAF, it keeps repeting the same code would this just be the same fault or is it individual records, I give up counting after around 30 times
Old 28 December 2009, 01:54 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by my_first_scooby
found the little buggers taped up in the looming about the pedals,
Sounds like you're their first user.

keep getting the error code 23 which I believe is the MAF, it keeps repeting the same code would this just be the same fault or is it individual records, I give up counting after around 30 times
Lol, just as well you gave up as the light wouldn't have! Yes, it's just repeating the code display sequence over and over. The ECU can't tell how many times the error has occurred - beyond simply differentiating between codes that are currently active, and ones that have occurred in the past but appear to have corrected themselves (i.e. historic errors).

Incidentally - your thread is about the "green and black plugs". Presumably you already know you only connect the black pair to read the ECU's memory? If you did connect both green and black, and got the flashing error 23 (as opposed to an even on/off/on/off "all clear" code), you know that the MAF is a current error.
Old 28 December 2009, 02:29 PM
my_first_scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Sounds like you're their first user.

Lol, just as well you gave up as the light wouldn't have! Yes, it's just repeating the code display sequence over and over. The ECU can't tell how many times the error has occurred - beyond simply differentiating between codes that are currently active, and ones that have occurred in the past but appear to have corrected themselves (i.e. historic errors).

Incidentally - your thread is about the "green and black plugs". Presumably you already know you only connect the black pair to read the ECU's memory? If you did connect both green and black, and got the flashing error 23 (as opposed to an even on/off/on/off "all clear" code), you know that the MAF is a current error.
LOL, just aswell I havent got any patience otherwise I could have been there all day writing down the same code.
I know I only need the black ones to read codes this is where I got the 23 code,
After that I connected the green and the black to clear the codes and got the on/off/on/off/on/off sequence, so does this mean that I haven't got a faulty maff?