Notices

Is this the Central Locking Control Unit???

Search this Thread

Old 14 December 2009, 10:11 PM
MilleniumRacer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this the Central Locking Control Unit???

I've got a 2003 Blobeye WRX with an intermittent central locking fault at the moment. I'm just trying to locate and identift the C/L control unit.

I've found this in the front passenger footwell, in front of where the left shin would be. It has no markings on the box, is secured with two bolts, and has four security screws holding the outer facia of the box on (Stopping me from unplugging it). My other idea was that it would be one of the RAC Trackstar boxes as it has a little aerial type bit of wire taped to it.

Thanks for looking, and hopefully I'll get to the bottom on the fault soon.

Phil

Old 14 December 2009, 10:19 PM
bruvjon
Scooby Regular

I found mine above fuse box on drivers side lower dash needs to be removed had two 10mm nuts holding it in and a large White conector with about 16 wires going into it (my car is a bug sti)
Old 14 December 2009, 10:28 PM
MilleniumRacer
Scooby Regular

Many thanks Bruv Jon,

I'm gonna close up the LH side & refit glovebox, then have a look on the RHS where you mentioned.

Worst case scenario, do you think I'd be able to unplug/remove it and just use manual door locking so I can use the car until this gets replaced if that's the fault?

Cheers,

Phil
Old 14 December 2009, 10:37 PM
bruvjon
Scooby Regular

I don't see why not I replaced mine due to interior light not dimming when I opened the door I know this controled the locking because with it unplugged they didn't work it think if I remember correctly it has courtesy module written on it got mine from gradeA breakers for £20 delivered first one they had sold apparently the main dealer wanted £280 lol
but as I said you will have to unbolt the fuse box pull it out of the way and up above it is this module bolted to the dashboard bar
hope that helps

regards Jon
Old 14 December 2009, 11:29 PM
MilleniumRacer
Scooby Regular

Cheers Jon,

I've now removed the unit and I'm heating it over a radiator, as there's been sooo much moisture in the air up here over the last 4-5 days with all the fog, it's a possibility at least?

Failing that, I know a local breaker that has two recently pranged blobeye STi's sitting there that I could hopefully rob it from for a similar paltry sum as you got yours for .

Ta muchly,

Phil
Old 15 December 2009, 07:03 PM
gateman
Scooby Newbie

are you sure its not a door solenoid at fault as my old classic when locking it,would make the usual noise but would not lock the front passenger door every now and then...I ended up just disconnecting the solenoid and locking it from inside the car.