Notices

New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2009, 11:40 PM
Sc00by_boi
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner

Hi everyone! the names don or scooby boi . I am 23 n live in south east london! I have just bought my first scooby Yay! well where do i start i love it flat 4, turbo boost well its great !!
I have had some fast cars but boy this is something else. My other car is a vectra 2.5 v6 (another gorgeous sounding engine) but i saw this and just had to get it.
Not sure how to put pics up yet how do i do this????

Any way its a 1995 uk wagon , mint body mint engine, runs perfectly and is fast!!!
i got it for £750 had a travels a long way tho but meant i had a nice drive back !
1 problem Fuel Gauge seems to stick half way up, fill it up and it goes to the top drive the gauge moves down as u would expect but only to the half way mark, now the previous owner had given me a 2nd set of clocks to try and cure this problem but it seems to do the same thing.

Now investigating the issue i removed the clocks and fiddled around but to no avail.

A quick question befor i investigat further , does the fuel gauge return to empty when u switch of the ignition or remove power, because neither of the gauges i have do the stay at the same place they were with the ignition on.
Old 01 December 2009, 12:13 AM
tweaks
Scooby Regular

stays put mate ign on/off

take the sender unit out of the tank and check the contacts on it,if its been driven round with someone only ever putting half a tank in they may have worn quite a bit
Old 01 December 2009, 01:16 AM
Sc00by_boi
Scooby Newbie

ok thats good to know i will take the sender out and check it tomorrow. also does any one know if i can just put the needle on empty and let it sort it self out or if it just messes the whole thing up lol