Notices

Can someone please confirm this is STD ECU ?

Search this Thread

Old 29 November 2009, 04:25 PM
mossi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ECU help and advice please..

Just upgraded my ecu to a PPP took the old one off, had it open to check its standard and the board has numbers on it that show its possibly a upgrade allready ?? google search's..

says on tin

E3
22611 AE801
A18-000 DIE 9423

opened her up and motherboard says

A19-001 DS2N
chip says
WA12212920WWW
841D10E

reason i was looking is i found paperwork to show the previous owner had some work done, and one part looks like a ecu upgrade ?

or is it std and worthless .. ( going to sell )

thanks

Last edited by mossi; 29 November 2009 at 05:58 PM.
Old 29 November 2009, 06:01 PM
mossi
Scooby Regular

Pics addded of said ECU
Old 29 November 2009, 10:30 PM
mossi
Scooby Regular

can any one offer any adivce on this ?
Old 29 November 2009, 10:46 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm pretty sure from the AE801 part, that this is from a 99/00 MY. If so, its an ECUtek mappable ECU. So you won't be able to see anything different if it was done, as the mapper would use the OBD port and not touch this.And I don't think anyone would mess around with additional chips on these.
So the Ecu work you can see in your paperwork, if it as 600quid plus, its likely top be an ECutek, which makes it a bit better mod wise for you, over the PPP.
Old 30 November 2009, 12:36 AM
mossi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
I'm pretty sure from the AE801 part, that this is from a 99/00 MY. If so, its an ECUtek mappable ECU. So you won't be able to see anything different if it was done, as the mapper would use the OBD port and not touch this.And I don't think anyone would mess around with additional chips on these.
So the Ecu work you can see in your paperwork, if it as 600quid plus, its likely top be an ECutek, which makes it a bit better mod wise for you, over the PPP.
Just dug out the paperwork it shows the car has had 500 quid for a SUBARU IMPREZA 99-00 TEK2 ECU CONVERSION, would this be on this ECU ? or is that generally another unit ?

thanks
Old 30 November 2009, 08:33 AM
Beastie
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by mossi
Just dug out the paperwork it shows the car has had 500 quid for a SUBARU IMPREZA 99-00 TEK2 ECU CONVERSION, would this be on this ECU ? or is that generally another unit ?

thanks
Tek2 is an ecutek remap and is undetectable unless you check the actual map.

If you know who performed the map then its will be cheaper with them for a remap as the licence has already been paid to them.

I say this because with this info the ECU will be worth more as remapping will cost less.

If you know the mods and someone else has a car with the same mods, then it could be plug and play for them.

Someone will correct me if i am wrong, but i believe Tek 2 was very similar to PPP remap and only relied upon exhaust changes with a target boost of 16psi.

:-)

Last edited by Beastie; 30 November 2009 at 08:59 AM.
Old 30 November 2009, 12:02 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mossi
As has been said this process involves reprogramming the existing ECU so the only way for sure of knowing if it actually has been altered would be by examining the firmware code on it electronically - there would be no physical evidence at all.

The other way which would pretty much confirm it would be to just drive the car with this ECU in. If it boosts to around 0.9 bar assume it to be standard. If it boosts (and holds) significantly over 1 bar, then it is almost certainly not.

If it has been modified you may well find that the car is no faster (may even be a little bit slower) with the PPP unit fitted.

As far as selling it is concerned, you need to find out whether it has an open TeK licence on it or not, as that would be a selling point. Probably doesn't, but if you know a mapper reasonably local who would be prepared to look at it for you, at least then you'd know and could advertise it correctly.