Notices

Flooded Toad Ai606 alarm - No siren!

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2009, 02:05 PM
teemsta
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flooded Toad Ai606 alarm - No siren!

My beloved scoob got caught in a flood and after many hours spent drying it and checking everything out I am pleased to say the car is now fine!

Originally the alarm was completely non functional, it was after an age of searching that I found it is mounted under the seat. This means that for at least 12 hours it was sat under about 6 inch of water . I dried it out and I was happy to find that it started to work again, central locking, hazard flash, led, motion sensors, etc all work as before.

Only problem is the siren no longer works. It does not chirp and neither does it sound when the alarm is triggered (although hazards flash). I have since dried out the speaker, although it didnt seem wet to start with, checked the wiring and it seems ok. The bonnet switch is also on this loom and that works fine.

My questions really go out to any toad experts that might be on this forum. Is there anything obvious that I may have missed? I can't for the life of me find the inline fuses, but from the wiring diagram I guessed that if everything else works these would be ok?

Thanks in advance!
Old 24 November 2009, 05:34 PM
clark822
Scooby Regular

Is it set to silent arm ? On mine i can hold the one button to disable the chirp have you tried to set off the alarm ?
Old 24 November 2009, 08:33 PM
teemsta
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by clark822
Is it set to silent arm ? On mine i can hold the one button to disable the chirp have you tried to set off the alarm ?
I'm pretty sure its not a silent mode, as when the alarm is triggered there is still no sound although the hazards flash. Plus before the flooding everything was ok.
Old 25 November 2009, 11:47 AM
Frazzly
Scooby Regular

Just replace the siren unit. Its very common for them to become water logged depending on how incompetent the fitter is/was