Notices

Arming & Re-Arming Sigma Alarm - RH Indicator Lights stay on -MY2001 Bugeye.

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2009, 08:34 PM
pmarch bugeye
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arming & Re-Arming Sigma Alarm - RH Indicator Lights stay on -MY2001 Bugeye.

This is probably a very uncommon problem that started off very occasionally but is now happening several times a week, even on a daily basis. When opening (unlocking/disarming) and closing (locking/arming) the car using the key fob, the drivers side indicators (orange lights) remain on, and the RH indicator light on the dash remains illuminated. You can start the car and drive it normally, but the light staying on constantly is dangerous as needless to say, there is no flashing function to turn right or overtake etc. In order to temporarily rectify this annoying status, it can take several presses of the key fob button on/off, involving also the opening and closing of doors before the fault somehow rectifies, whereupon the normal function is restored where the indicator lights flash four times then go out. Leaving the indicator light on would drain the battery, so if it gets desparate I would have to disconnect the battery. The problem is now becoming a real nuisance. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions before I go to the dealer and get ripped off? An inkling as to what could be causing this (or what parts will need replacing) would be useful to know. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old 24 January 2010, 09:39 PM
wrx2002dave
Scooby Regular

i have a sigma on my 02 bugeye and it has done that a few times on mine. Only 2 or 3 times in 3 years though.
Old 25 January 2010, 12:51 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

The cheapest fix would be to severe the Sigma from the indicator circuit....

You will end up paying for a new control unit otherwise.

HTH

dunx
Old 25 January 2010, 03:22 PM
ukjesters
Scooby Regular

I've got the same model and i had exactly the same problem. I'm not mechanically minded and i was told that you couldn't get into the sigma control box anyway, so ~£300 later from the dealer, all sorted.No probs since.