Notices

teins adjustable coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2009, 11:34 PM
phileep79
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teins adjustable coilovers

Hi there bought a set of teins fully adjustable coilovers for 1992 jap import scoobt wrx had them sitting around in a box for about 4 month got them fitted the other day and i noticed the gargage had put the helper springs at the bottom of the shock with the normal spring sitting on top of it and watched a video on you tube about fitting these teins and they had the normal spring on first and the helper spring sitting on top of the normal spring the boy in the garage said it does,nt matter if the helper spring goes on first or if the normal spring goes on first as long as the helper sring goes on now when i go over bumps or turn a corner the spring are making a creeking noise the boy in the garage its just the suspension setting its self up it will take about a week for them to settle so is the creeking nosie there till the suspension sets itself up plus they were sitting in a box for 4 months or could it be that the helper springs have to sit on top of the normal spring so the normal spring goes on first would be grateful for any info on if the helper spring has to go on the normal spring so its at the top plus is the creeking noise just the suspension setting itself up plus with the springs being out off use for 4 months cheers
Old 19 November 2009, 08:01 AM
mach
Scooby Regular

as far as i know the helper should go on the top(mine is)ring tein uk for a definate answer,some creaks don't seem to go away mine are a bit noisy aswell just turn up the cd.
Old 19 November 2009, 08:24 AM
Jam Performance
Former Sponsor

It should be fitted on top of the spring as recommended by Tein, however if the spring is rattling you can buy some rubber sleaving to insulate the ends of the spring to absorb the rattle, Tein supply this sleaving with some thier lowering spring kits to help stop the rattle