Notices

Help needed to determine what spec my car is :(

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2009, 04:33 PM
DJ_Snathe
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed to determine what spec my car is :(

I've not had the car long, and still waiting for the registration gubbins to be sorted out. It has been messed about with quite a bit, and i'm not sure of the actual spec...
What i do know is;
1993 WRX, TD05 turbo, Grey sidefeed injectors, FMIC, Pipercross induction kit, Apexi SAFC2, Blitz Dual SBC, HKS fuel cut defender, Huge de-cat downpipe with seperate dump pipe, Blitz Nur spec R exhaust...
I've been told also that the engine is a closed deck STi, along with an STi gearbox. How would i be able to identify these to be correct?

At present, the car is running 0.9bar, overfuels like mad, but is astonishingly quick! There doesn't appear to be any knock level generated at all (looking at the knock display on the SAFC2). It has very occasionally flickered from the normal "0" to "1" or "2" at idle, but that's it... I've run the sensor check and there is a consistant live voltage signal from the knock sensor...

I know it needs a remap to sort the overfueling problem, but where can i trust to do a 100% job? I've heard so many bad reports about places blowing engines whilst mapping
I'm located between Nottingham and Derby, so there's a few places nearby... Scoobyclinic, TSL, Scoobymania, etc...
Any words of wisdom or good experiences with these tuners?

Sorry for all the questions guys... I'm just fed up with scratching my head over it all now lol
Old 07 November 2009, 05:37 PM
GroupNGC8
Scooby Regular

to help a little,

check the gearbox code and post it on here or check it here. The SPDA - Transmission Chart

If it realy is a closed deck block it is easy to tell as it will have hatch markings on the engine casing around the oil filter under the engine. if there are no markings it will be a WRX engine. STI engines have higher rev limits but your dashboard may still be a WRX rev counter not an STI one so difficult to tell.

Look under the passenger footwell carpet to find the ECU and to determine what it is. There are various individual tuners around who can help and who also lurk on here.

hth
Rob
Old 07 November 2009, 06:05 PM
DJ_Snathe
Scooby Newbie

Cheers Rob I'll have a look