Notices

Zero Sports ECU for classic STI - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2009, 09:51 PM
Imran21
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zero Sports ECU for classic STI - opinions?

Hello All,

How much more beneficial is the Zero Sports ECU over the stock ECU in a version 3 type R? Are they any good? Tried doing a google search but nothing consequential comes up.
If anyone has it or used it before i would appreciate your views.
Thanks,
Imran
Old 26 October 2009, 07:37 AM
ariser
Scooby Regular

Im sure the sero sports ecus are setup for 100 ron fuel in japan so you need that petrol to take any advantage of the aggressive map usually found on these. A custom map is a better option
Old 26 October 2009, 08:37 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's no remap solution for V3-V4 Classics although ESL are developing a solution similar to V1-V2 remapping that should be available in the very near future. For now your only option is an aftermarket ECU or piggy back option that isn't as good as a dedicated ECU.
Old 26 October 2009, 12:17 PM
L3YMS
Scooby Regular

Dont hold your breath for the esl v3/4 (97/98uk) solution. I suspect it will never happen. There is someone in classifieds selling a v3 ecu with a power engineering board attached for £300, may be usefull if you can get that remapped to suit your mods. Check their website for the spec, its still on there but I dont think they supply them new anymore, they may remap already supplied ones though. This is what the seller sent me...
*This is the information i sent to another person let me know if you need any more info?* - Is it a STI ecu? No (uk 2000) this does not matter as the unit can be remapped to the spec of your vehicle- What make is the piggyback? Possum Board supplied by powerengineering- What is it mapped/tuned for? Front mount intercooler headers IHI VF22 turbo uprated fuel pump full stainless system hks induction running @ 313bhp fully programable- I have a version 3 type R, so is it a matter of just replacing it with my existing unit? You can replace with this unit and have it remapped to whatever spec of parts/upgrades you have on the car. Quite simple for a mapper to do with the correct software- What would be your last price? Price quoted is the price (£300). The cost of the unit was well over £700 just over a year ago and the ecu has only been used for very little time the car has been off the road for the past year also. Regards Neil
*edit: just seen V3 type R... I guess this was you asking in the first place!!

Last edited by L3YMS; 26 October 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 26 October 2009, 11:35 PM
Imran21
Scooby Regular

LOL..... yes it was me! Thanks nonetheless.
Old 27 October 2009, 12:01 AM
scoobiewrx555
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by L3YMS
Dont hold your breath for the esl v3/4 (97/98uk) solution. I suspect it will never happen.
Don't be so sure about that