Notices

fitting a v-ltd box and diff to my uk 2000 (1999)

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2009, 08:24 PM
danny-goddard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fitting a v-ltd box and diff to my uk 2000 (1999)

hi there the time as come for the big change over can any body tell me if im goin to have any problems fitting this v-ltd box to my turbo 2000 ? ie will the shafts fit my hubs? or will the speedo drive run my clocks? also how difficult is the dccd to wire up ect ect. any help or advice would be great on this one (as ive only got the ramp in my local garage for one day)
Old 04 October 2009, 01:51 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What MY and type is this "V-limited" box from, and have you already bought it?

It can be done, but sounds like you don't know how much of a bite you're taking, and you haven't given us enough information to answer your questions fully.

Assuming it's an STi version 5 or 6 box, it will physically fit, but you will also need to transplant the rear diff, driveshafts and hubs from the donor car. If it's a version 3 or older, you can get away without having to swap the rear shafts and hubs, but V4 and older are the older, weaker 752 assembly, so not ideal.

In addition your ABS won't work, which you insurance might not be happy about, and the short ratios on the JDM box aren't a brilliant match for the UK spec engine.

The "how easy" question with the DCCD is impossible to answer, given that we don't know whether you've got the controller, thumbwheel and loom. You'll also obviously need an STi instrument cluster if you want the fairy lights.

Last edited by Splitpin; 04 October 2009 at 01:52 AM.