Notices

How to Register a Fresh Import WRX with DVLA??what are the steps?

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2009, 12:42 AM
esi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Register a Fresh Import WRX with DVLA??what are the steps?

i have just bought a fresh import WRX 1995, Unregistered in the UK

just wanted to know what are the procedures to get the car registered in the UK and get a number plate and logbook for it?

what do i have to do and what are the steps???

what kind of jap documents would DVLA want?or wouldn't they?

how come on some logbooks the model of the subaru is not stated and its blank ??no Sti or WRX etc..

Thanks

Last edited by esi; 30 September 2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 30 September 2009, 07:50 AM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

iirc Contact DVLA for the relavant forms. You will need to have the cars Mot done first with a few changes to front lights, rear fog fitting speedo conversion etc. MOT can be done with no plates present on the car IE trade plates or have the car trailerd. Once MOT is done provide details and forms including, Jap de registration documents, MOT, Proof of import duty and vat paid, Insurance, personal driving licences and a few bills etc to confirm yourself, if this is your first time its worth going to the DVLA local office to confirm your paper work is correct. Once paper work is complete return with reg fee iirc 55GBP road tax fund and i think thats all it usually takes around 3-5days for the forms to returned. You can then have plates printed and drive.
Old 30 September 2009, 11:49 AM
hongkongstuey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by esi
i have just bought a fresh import WRX 1995, Unregistered in the UK

how come on some logbooks the model of the subaru is not stated and its blank ??no Sti or WRX etc..
mine was imported in 2006, 96 impreza 'R' according to v5, insurance recognised this but its a wrx according to enquiries on here, i cant really see the logic as 'R' doesnt mean anything relevent to imported, i'd expect some way of distinguishing between uk and import but it just doesnt make sense. there is a list on here of what models were made when, hundreds of model/year combinations, i found mine. hope this helps
Old 30 September 2009, 01:03 PM
esi
Scooby Regular

and how much would it all cost to get the car back on the road then? about £200?