Notices

JDM STI ECU into a UK TURBO

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2009, 07:32 PM
big-kev
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JDM STI ECU into a UK TURBO

Hello folks !!! need some advice here please ? i sold my sti version 3 ecu on fleabay , but the guy who bought it says he,s fitting it to a uk car
will it fit as i do,nt want to sell it to him (even tho he has paid for it already ) incase he damages his engine & tbh i would,nt take his money if it doesnt fit
cheers lads in advance
Old 25 September 2009, 07:37 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice one for the responsible post, many would have just taken the money and let the buyer screw it up.

To answer your question, if the buyer's car is anything other than an MY97/98 the ECU won't even plug in. On a 97/98 it will physically connect (i.e. the plugs are the right shape), but the car won't start without making changes to the wiring loom. If these changes were made he would then find that his car would run like sh*t because the ECU doesn't match the engine.

So, no, the short answer is that it won't fit.
Old 25 September 2009, 07:42 PM
big-kev
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Splitpin
Nice one for the responsible post, many would have just taken the money and let the buyer screw it up.

To answer your question, if the buyer's car is anything other than an MY97/98 the ECU won't even plug in. On a 97/98 it will physically connect (i.e. the plugs are the right shape), but the car won't start without making changes to the wiring loom. If these changes were made he would then find that his car would run like sh*t because the ECU doesn't match the engine.

So, no, the short answer is that it won't fit.
cheers bud for the advice !!!! i was thinking that too, but just wanted to make sure ! i,ll send him an email to see what he wants to do !!!