Notices

ECU Query

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2009, 05:14 PM
Datey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Query

Hi All,Unless I miised it I didn't see a Specific ECU section so thought i'd ask here.I am still looking for a Subaru and found this on PH with the description as follows."43000 miles, fsh 18in wr1 alloys in vgc, prodrive pack with certificate, car is in vgc also has decat simtek ecu,anti lag,lauch control, remapped 340bhp, 6 months tax mot until december,very rare car in this colour and expensive mods" The car is slightly out of my price range but the guy has said to me he will sell it with the standard ECU. MY question is could there be any issues or problems with returning to the standard ECU now that the car has been mapped to a simtek.ThanksDatey
Old 23 September 2009, 08:01 PM
TingTongPJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a simtek ecu is around £1200 (anti lag and launch are extras) new and usually go for around £700 second hand.

you need to check if the old ecu is mapped for the full decat and other mods etc otherwise you will need to get the car mapped (depending if has has a ecutek licence with it could cost you £600 ish)

it's a buyers market at the moment if it was myself i'd tell him i want it as is because you don't want to mess about getting things sorted.

he can only say no, but he might be desperate to get rid.

if you decide to go for it as is just make sure you test the anti lag and launch when collecting as you can't easily tell the ecu unless you open the metal box up that sits in the pasanger foot well.