Notices

Help with 07 GB270 edition

Search this Thread

Old 08 September 2009, 02:37 PM
scoobyr00
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help with 07 GB270 edition

Bought my first Impreza this weekend after owning an Evo 8 MR for 4 years. Its a 57 plate GB270 and wanted to mod a little this year and was wondering the best way to go.

I know Prodrive have put their own intake/filter and exhaust on it but was wondering is it still worth getting a K&N or HKS intake and what benefit would that give me. Would this also mean getting a remap?

I am based in Manchester, I get the impression from posts on here that Prosport seem to be ok. Would they be a safe bet for this work and any future services?

Appreciate any info.
Old 08 September 2009, 04:39 PM
wrxwill05
Scooby Regular

hey - congrats on the gb270! I love as much as the rb320! gorgeous car and body kit.... me... personally wouldnt really change anything on it, maybe a decent backbox, i got mine from Exhausts UK - they did a great job... why not stick a panel filter in your airbox? i put a green cotton in mine a few months back and while it doesnt feel any faster you can hear turbo spool a bit more... im a big fan of getting ripped off by genuine subaru / tuner parts (i.e. prodrive...) each to their i guess mate, but its a lovely car you have - shouldnt need to do much to it!
Old 08 September 2009, 05:01 PM
scoobyr00
Scooby Newbie

Thanks! i guess from this then that the prodrive kit isn't that great. May give one of those panel filters a go. must admit the noise of the scoobies is infectious. The one thing I was always envious of in my evo was the noise.

i'm guessing then for any sort of power gains its gonna be shelling out for a bigger turbo. that will have to wait a while!

nobody got anything to say about prosport? don't want to rely on dealers, mitsubishi always let me down.
Old 08 September 2009, 05:09 PM
wrxwill05
Scooby Regular

i personally like prodrive stuff - its expensive... but im a warrenty kinda guy... ive got extended warrenty on mine so dont wonna mess it up! lol

if you read around here, one of best mods for the scoob is a decat exhaust setup and a remap... god knows what you'd be pushing then, but my 230 wrx will go to around 270~280 with just that setup.... only trouble then is when the MOT comes around :-) i dunno wot the suspension setup is like on the 270, but it looks like it sits nice n low... im getting some prodrive 25mm springs for my wrx in a cpl of weeks ;-)
Old 08 September 2009, 05:47 PM
scoobyr00
Scooby Newbie

its on a prodrive setup with lowered springs, it doesn't roll much and holds well without being too uncomfortable. i use it every day and the missus doesn't complain!

i'm guessing the decat exhaust is gonna mess with my emissions come MOT time, any easy way round that? the evo had a decat pipe and got through MOTs ok, is there something different with the scoobs?

i have had the Powertrain stage one mod (k&n, milltek exhaust, remap) recommended to me but wasn't sure how much of that was just replacing what prodrive have already done