Notices

help blown head? 1994 wrx

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2009, 11:24 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help blown head? 1994 wrx

Hi Folks i'm new to this site, ive recently bought a My1994 wrx wagon, my 3rd scoob, after owning a 1993 and 2002 version with no problems, i decided to buy another

any way coming down the silp road after a 10 mile drive to work the car just cut out dead. i turned the ignition back on and and the temp was up to max, i then noticed some steam/white smoke coming out on my bonnet vent i got out could smell burning, any ways after 10 mins i turned the engine over and it started, very rough sounding and i spotted the problem water was pissing out of a hose behind/underneath the intercooler. (coolant) Iturned it off and towed it to the garage where i work. (The car had a brand new radiator 4 months ago and a new header tank 7 months ago), what damage could of occured? is this a simple fix ?or could it be a new headgasket? piston rings etc
i have owned it 2 days it felt really good and ticked over quietly.
The oil is clean and the car has full uk service history for the last 3 years and a shod load of japanese history. with 121k miles on clock got it cheap as it needed a bonnet and wing respray, and now perhaps and engine lol
any advice would be appreaciated, a mechanic should be looking at it tommor aft. sorry for long post