Notices

simga alarm help needed

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2009, 12:22 PM
scooby___dan
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simga alarm help needed

hey guys had my little one in the car and he was playing round in the grove box and started pushing the the key pad for the sigma alarm, never had a book or anything with it well i turned off the car and went to start it and the car wouldnt start i have looked round on the net and have found out he has put the superlock on the car and i never had the pin to the alarm so i cant turn it off

right i have phoned up lots of auto electricians and i keep getting you can have the alarm cut off you cant have it cut off, well i just want to no if anyone on here can help me

can i have it cut off or wouldnt the car start its on a k reg but has been rebuilt from a x reg bits if thats helps. is there just anyway i can ring the rac up get them to come out and cut the alarm off the car and get the thing started

hope someone can help thanks dan
Old 27 August 2009, 12:35 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When you say rebuilt from X reg parts, what parts do you mean?

As far as I know, a k reg wouldn't have had the Sigma built in from Subaru, an X reg would have. So they may have some info on their system if contacted them, or they can even reprogram/reset for you.
Old 27 August 2009, 12:40 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/uploads...m30_manual.pdf
does that help at all?
Old 27 August 2009, 12:41 PM
scooby___dan
Scooby Newbie

i have phoned up subaru and they have said i needed to take them the car to them and they will replace the alarm with a new one going to cost round 500 pound tho, but if i can have it cut off then saves me a lot of money for now as the mot is up the 28th and the tax 31st

the car is on a k reg well the shell is but the engine, dash, seats, wel everything is out of a x reg car
Old 27 August 2009, 01:13 PM
scooby___dan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by JDM_Stig

thanks mate but no not realy
Old 27 August 2009, 01:27 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Well you have a couple of options already, but I'll throw this one your way:
Get a secondhand alarm ecu: https://www.scoobynet.com/private-sa...its-first.html should be one on there, with the matching fob, and replace yourself.
IF, it has been reshelled, by yourself, then you'll have no probs getting the dash out to change the alarm ecu. But to be honest, I'm tempted to say its it just a an original X reg with a K reg ID now
Old 27 August 2009, 01:29 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Cant u just buy a new Sigma M30 alarm and just plug it in to the loom you have, it will be back to default so you can set your own pin, they were only 150 quid when I was looking for a S30.

Trending Topics

Old 27 August 2009, 01:42 PM
scooby___dan
Scooby Newbie

i asked that because they like 50 pound on ebay and they said no because the code is in the ecu aswel and you need to have the ecu code changed aswel but tbf i think they trying to rip me off thats why i have asked on here lol
Old 27 August 2009, 02:07 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby___dan
i asked that because they like 50 pound on ebay and they said no because the code is in the ecu aswel
Who said that? Subaru? The engine ECU does have an immobiliser in it but this is completely independent of the one in your alarm. As long as you have the original key for your car, this one is fine and doesn't need changing.

and you need to have the ecu code changed aswel but tbf i think they trying to rip me off thats why i have asked on here lol
If the only thing wrong with your car is that the immobiliser in the Sigma alarm has been locked on, then yes, all you need to change is the alarm ECU. However, before you go buying/replacing anything, it's worth checking through the manual that JDM Stig has posted to make sure both that there's nothing you can do to recover this situation. For example, seeing as you have the fob for the alarm, can you use that to reset the PIN or the immobiliser?
Old 27 August 2009, 02:08 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

The alarm dealers/fitters will just lie to you, in the hope you will have a new more expensive alarm fitted. Subaru will do the same because they always go by the book and wouldn't dream of doing you or your wallet a favour.

Sign up to Subaru Impreza Drivers Club (Powered by Invision Power Board) another scooby site, and send a message to Sigma Sam. He work/works for Sigma/Toad, and will give you the best advice going. He was banned off here over something stupid, but he's always happy to help.
Old 27 August 2009, 02:10 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Splitpin
However, before you go buying/replacing anything, it's worth checking through the manual that JDM Stig has posted to make sure both that there's nothing you can do to recover this situation. For example, seeing as you have the fob for the alarm, can you use that to reset the PIN or the immobiliser?
I think he has already done some research, as Superlock disables the key fob. So, without that he cannot change the pin, because he can't currently disable/enable the alarm functions.
Old 27 August 2009, 02:15 PM
Ads78
Scooby Regular

I take it that by now you have tried again and are sure he set the super lock? Reading how you set super lock it seems unlikely your kid did that!?

I've typed the code in wrong 3 times and the system locks down for half an hour.

I think the key fob then worked after half an hour.

Sorry if this is no use.

Have you flicked through all the paper work you got with the car (or with the x reg bits) to see if the pin was written anywhere amongst that?

Last edited by Ads78; 27 August 2009 at 02:17 PM. Reason: splleing!!!!!
Old 27 August 2009, 07:27 PM
scooby___dan
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
The alarm dealers/fitters will just lie to you, in the hope you will have a new more expensive alarm fitted. Subaru will do the same because they always go by the book and wouldn't dream of doing you or your wallet a favour.

Sign up to Subaru Impreza Drivers Club (Powered by Invision Power Board) another scooby site, and send a message to Sigma Sam. He work/works for Sigma/Toad, and will give you the best advice going. He was banned off here over something stupid, but he's always happy to help.
thanks for that mate

Originally Posted by joey_turbo
I think he has already done some research, as Superlock disables the key fob. So, without that he cannot change the pin, because he can't currently disable/enable the alarm functions.
yea mate that was right

Originally Posted by Ads78
I take it that by now you have tried again and are sure he set the super lock? Reading how you set super lock it seems unlikely your kid did that!?

I've typed the code in wrong 3 times and the system locks down for half an hour.

I think the key fob then worked after half an hour.

Sorry if this is no use.

Have you flicked through all the paper work you got with the car (or with the x reg bits) to see if the pin was written anywhere amongst that?
there wasnt a code with it on yh but still happend last nite n i tried startin the car this morning and still no joy but its fixed now yipeeee and what did it cost sweet fa in the end i got told by someone you can defo do it so i fort save paying ill ring the rac up and i had some come out to look at it, so i showed him where the box was n we worked the way cuting the wires from the loom and it now has been bypassed so anyone that says you cant by pass it then that is a load of s**t lol may have took 3hours and all the dash out and that but end of the day rac didnt cost me anything so and i did ask if you can just swap the box and get the fob 2 match n lots of people said i couldnt do that so thats why i had it cut but i dont no if you can.
Old 28 August 2009, 12:21 AM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby___dan
and i did ask if you can just swap the box and get the fob 2 match n lots of people said i couldnt do that so thats why i had it cut but i dont no if you can.
Swapping the alarm ECU for one with a known PIN was all you'd have needed to do. Once you know the code you could have synced your existing fobs up to it, no need to get new ones.

Also don't forget that if your insurance is on the basis of having a cat 1 alarm, now the immobilisation circuits have been bypassed you effectively don't have one anymore, so it's worth getting it up and running again to satisfy the terms of your policy as much as making it more difficult to steal.