Notices

2005 wrx problems with manual boost controller

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2009, 06:30 PM
kris_rogers
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 wrx problems with manual boost controller

hi there i got a 2005 wrx i fitted a r spec boost controller to it following the instructions and the engine managment light has come on i got a boost gague but have not fitted it i turned the boost to min on the manual but still the engine light came on i conected the wastegate to the boost source which left the pipe to the solanoid which i just left off i have put everything back on now but can anyone tell me why it done it and have i caused any damage car is running in fail safe at momnet any help with how to fit the boost controller properly would be greatfuly recived
Old 26 August 2009, 07:53 PM
Splitpin
Scooby Regular

Welcome. Blimey, looks like another punctuation control valve failure. Any chance you could sort that out, as it makes your post more difficult than it should be to read, and that in turn makes it less likely that people will take the time and trouble to help you.

Anyway, fitting a manual boost controller without a boost gauge already on there is a really bad idea, so the first thing to do is put everything back to standard until that's addressed.

Secondly, did you disconnect the cable from the standard boost control solenoid when you fitted the MBC? If you did, that alone would probably explain the check engine light. If you didn't, then something else you did caused it, so, again, put it back how it was and in the first instance see if the CEL turns off. If it doesn't go off straight away, turn the engine on and off three times to see if that clears it.
Old 29 August 2009, 05:57 PM
kris_rogers
Scooby Newbie

yeah its all sorted now turned itself back off thanks should have waited but ya know the old speed bug nips ya and well